Happy Birthday to me!

>> Saturday 29 May 2010

40 today!! I'm not sure how I feel about that really but I've had a fantastic day nevertheless. I went out with my family for a fabulous lunch and then back to my sisters house where the children ran around and wore themselves out and we relaxed with tea and cake. Tomorrow we're hoping to get to the coast (weather permitting) and then on Monday it's another family lunch out - goodness knows how much weight I will have put on by Tuesday.

I started this card a few days ago and finally finished it yesterday. Kaya with Flowers is available from Pink Gem Designs and was in my May DT package. Isn't she lovely? I used my new DCWV Linen Closet papers and also attached a gorgeous little butterfly which was included in my Papercraft Essential prize box of goodies.


I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Wings (on the butterfly!)
Stampavie & More - Happy Birthday for a Girl
Simon Says Stamp - Pink or Blue with Green & Brown
Creative Inspirations - Punches or die cuts
Spoon Full of Sugar - Celebrations

And before I go I'd like to share a picture of my gorgeous little boy with his older cousin, taken while we were out to lunch today. Thomas absolutely adores Edward and they play so nicely together.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

17 comments:

Elaine Stark 29 May 2010 at 22:24  

A very happy birthday to you. Sounds like you had a great day and more fun to come. Love your card, it looks delicate and petty. Elaine

carol 29 May 2010 at 22:35  

Hi...HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
your card is lovely, image is a cutie, x carol

Chris 29 May 2010 at 22:39  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sharon! My goodness the big 40 LOL, don't think about the age, just enjoy yourself and it sounds like you're off too a good start. Hope you get some decent weather for the rest of your Birthday weekend, oh and I love your card and the wonderful photo of Thomas and Edward, Thomas looks just like you. Hugs, Chris x

Unknown 29 May 2010 at 22:46  

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!

Enjoy your birthday weekend!!! I agree your little boy looks so much like you!!

Have fun, Angela x

Fiona 29 May 2010 at 23:08  

Happy birthday Sharon, only 40? Lucky you! Super card, love the muted colours and the photo is gorgeous.

Fleur 29 May 2010 at 23:23  

Happy birthday Sharon, sound like you've had a fun filled day. Gorgeous card.
Hugz fleur xXx

Pam 30 May 2010 at 00:29  

Beautiful card! Wishing you a super happy birthday! Eat lots of cake!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Lisa 30 May 2010 at 07:16  

Happy Birthday Sharon! Sounds like you had a lovely day. I hope the weather improves so you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. It's not looking good here in Norfolk at the moment but hope it's better further south.

Gorgeous card! I love the colours and this is one of my fav Pink Gem stamps.

Lisa x

Riet 30 May 2010 at 09:11  

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and your papers.
so gorgeous photo.

Hugs Riet.xx

dolcreations 31 May 2010 at 01:36  

Happy Birthday Sharon! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Your card is perfect! LOVE the punch you used to go around your image! Your picture of your son and his cousin is ADORABLE! Handsome little boys!

Janet 31 May 2010 at 14:28  

Happy belated birthday sweetie.....I have been away for a few days so only just seen this! Your card is delicious and so is your little boy.......he looks so much like his Mum too!xx

Kiki 31 May 2010 at 18:05  

Such a gorgeous birthday card for a girl. Like the image and the colors you've used.

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki


PS: Happy birthday to you!

Jennifer 1 June 2010 at 06:01  

Happy Birthday Sharon (belated...sorry!) Hope you had a fabulous day. Your card is so pretty, Lovely colours. Your boys are just gorgeous!! The younger one looks a lot like you xx Jenny xx

Squirrel x 1 June 2010 at 08:39  

Great card hun, thanks for playing Totally Gorjuss with us. Hugs, Sxxx PS. Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Ingrid 1 June 2010 at 10:39  

What a lovely card you entered for our challenge!
Thanks for joining the fun at A Spoon Full of Sugar.
Hugs Ingrid

XUE 1 June 2010 at 18:02  

Happy belated Birthday wishes from Tokyo!

Beth 1 June 2010 at 19:22  

Happy Birthday Sharon! I hope you had a lovely day - sorry I'm so disorganised but my card is on it's way! Your son is adorable playing with his cousin, and your card is gorgeous too!

Love Beth xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP