New baby card

>> Wednesday 5 May 2010

This is a card for a very good friend of mine who is expecting a baby boy any time now. We met through ante natal classes and now a few of us from the same class meet up every Friday morning for coffee, cake and a good natter.


I got the inspiration for this card from Camilla's wonderful blog. It's been a long time since I made a card of this design and I really enjoyed doing something a little bit different. The paper is from Paper Salon and I've inked all the edges with Tumbled Glass distress ink.


All the flowers and the pearl sprays are from Wild Orchid Crafts and have been spritzed with glimmer mist. The insert has been stamped around the edges with Stempelglede stamps and Tumbled Glass ink.









I'm going to enter this into two challenges:

Cute Card Thursday: Boyz to Men (it's for a baby boy so hopefully that counts!)
Stampacular: Card for Mom (this is for a new mum)

I do love receiving all your comments so if you have a minute please let me know what you think.

9 comments:

Beth 6 May 2010 at 09:25  

This is so sweet! Such a gorgeous image and the swirls around the edges are so pretty!

Love Beth xx

debby4000 6 May 2010 at 10:09  

Gorgeous, sweet card.
Luv
Debby

Leonie 6 May 2010 at 10:28  

This is really a super cute card. I have never tried one in this style butthey seem to be everywhere at the moment. Love the colours you have used and that image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us this week at SSC. Hope to see you soon
Hugs Leonie

Leonie 6 May 2010 at 10:28  

This is really a super cute card. I have never tried one in this style butthey seem to be everywhere at the moment. Love the colours you have used and that image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us this week at SSC. Hope to see you soon
Hugs Leonie

dolcreations 6 May 2010 at 13:06  

Oh Sharon...this is sooo sweet. I just love how the tag fits in the envelope so perfectly. I just love how you finished off the edges of the tag! Absolutely stunning!

Paula 6 May 2010 at 16:41  

Beautiful project...really love how you stamped the edges...nice touch for such a sweet card! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week for our "lady" challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday challenge blog!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Gemma 6 May 2010 at 18:01  

What a beautiful and sweet card this is. Lovely colours, beautiful image and such a nice lo. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma

Carolyn 6 May 2010 at 22:22  

Sharon, this is absolutely darling. She is one of my favorite WOJ images. I wasn't even thinking or I would have used it for my card. LOL. Love the design and the papers. Fab card. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Marianne-db 7 May 2010 at 20:28  

This is so sweet!! I love the image from Wiff of joy and you have used beautiful colors!!
Thanks for joining SSC this week!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP