Finally.... a card again!

>> Tuesday 18 May 2010

Life has been so busy recently - some good, some bad. A friend of a friend who I met a few times sadly died last week. She was the same age as me and had a rare form of cancer which she had been fighting for several years. Her story made the national press after her PCT refused to fund the drugs she needed to extend her life, although they quickly reversed their decision once it made the headlines. Unfortunately she took a turn for the worse and passed peacefully last Tuesday. She leaves a husband and twin boys who are only 2. When something like this happens it makes me realise how much I take my own good health for granted and how fragile life can be.


On a positive note I have decided to leave my office job at the end of the year and concentrate on growing my Pilates business. I've booked myself onto a few courses to upgrade my qualifications and I'm spending lots of time learning how to market my classes and get my website working for me profitably! If everything goes well I might even find myself with more crafting time!!

Enough of my chat, here is my first card in just under a week. The lovely Christine kindly allowed me to ink up her new hAnglars before I sent them on to her - thanks so much!! This sweetie is coloured with distress inks. I've used a mixture of K & Co and Papermania papers, along with some gorgeous blooms from Wild Orchid Crafts. All the edges have been distressed and inked and I used a Martha Stewart punch for the bottom panel.


I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:

Creative Card Crew - Sketch, Papertake Weekly - Say it with Flowers, Spoon Full of Sugar - Cute and Girly, Totally Gorjuss - Round and round

Have a great week. I'll be back later in the week to celebrate the new Pink Gem stamps that are coming your way.

PS. Not sure what's happened with the formatting of this post, I can't seem to work out what's going on!

10 comments:

Fleur 18 May 2010 at 23:43  

Hi Sharon, So very sorry to read your sad news & yes it does bring home how fragile life can be.

Your card is gorgeous I really adore these stamps, but as of yet I am not lucky enough to have any.
Love the colours & layout.

Hugz Fleur xXx

Pam 19 May 2010 at 00:14  

Sharon,
Such a bittersweet time for you right now.
I hope your card making brings you some escape. The card is delightful! So delicate and gentle.
Thanks for sharing,
Hugs,
Pam

Nilla 19 May 2010 at 01:07  

Love the romantic colors and the stamp is so cute! Lovely card! Hugs Nilla

Rach 19 May 2010 at 08:02  

such sad news about your friend, i totally agree that it puts things in perspective....

your card is really sweet, i love the image that you have used, she is adorable..

good luck with all your future plans, sounds like quite an adventure... :)
Hugz Rach xxx

debby4000 19 May 2010 at 10:39  

Wonderful, adorable card Sharon, beautiful colours and details.
It's terrible that someone can be taken when they obviously so much to live for and so sad for those who are left behind.
luv
Debby

Danielle 19 May 2010 at 14:01  

So sorry to hear about your friend Sharon - it certainly puts life into perspective doesn't it! And good news about promoting your Pilates business - sounds like very exciting times ahead for you! With all that said, love your card and the adorable Hanglar image! Perfect papers and I love those gorgeous flowers!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet 19 May 2010 at 17:48  

So beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nina 19 May 2010 at 18:23  

Ohlala, such a wonderful card! Love the way you have coloured your sweeet hÄngel girl.

Hugs from Nina.

Aunty Sue 19 May 2010 at 22:26  

oh this is cuteness itself love the colours you picked and thanks for popping by mine. You asked where you could get Rapunzel from this is the page link and if you click on digital and follow the link
http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/blog
hope this helps. Sue xx

Lorraine A 20 May 2010 at 10:18  

Fabulous card Sharon :-) The image is gorgeous and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

so sorry to hear about your friend :-( life is fragile ,, we need to make the most of it eh !

Thanks for joining us at the PTW Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP