Truly Scrumptious #32

>> Wednesday 12 May 2010

It's Wednesday which means it's time for another Truly Scrumptious challenge. This week we have a sketch drawn by me;

The optional challenge this week is to omit the square card base and make a round card.


I received a Wild Rose Studio DT package at the weekend so I had to ink up this cutie "Buttercup in Meadow". He is coloured with distress inks and I added some faux stitching around the edge. The gorgeous 'Spring Fling' paper is also by Wild Rose Studio (list of stockists here).

Now I hate my Fiskars circle cutter; it slips when you are cutting with it but it's the only option I've got to cut larger circles and I had to use it for the three larger circles on this card. If anyone can recommend another circle cutting tool then I'd be very grateful!

The lovely Sandra Dry is sponsoring us this week and the winner will get to pick 6 individual digi images as their prize.

I look forward to seeing what you create with my sketch!

12 comments:

Michele Roos 12 May 2010 at 10:47  

Oh such an adorable card Sharon. Love the way you've coloured in the sweet image and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

dolcreations 12 May 2010 at 12:18  

I love the layout Sharon! Your image is so cute! Very nice card!

Riet 12 May 2010 at 17:41  

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mandy 12 May 2010 at 18:24  

Hi Sharon,
Wow.. this is gorgeous,I love circular cards and the image and papers are lovely...
Mandy xx

Heather 12 May 2010 at 18:49  

If anyone's recommends a large circle cutter other than Friskars please let me know Sharon - I hate mine too. Love your cute image so beautifully coloured and gorgeous papers.
hugs Heather xx

Beth 13 May 2010 at 10:09  

Beautiful card Sharon, I love these bright, funky papers! How cute is this bunny too? Love it!

Love Beth xx

Emma and Susan 14 May 2010 at 16:41  

Beautiful card Sharon, very interesting and unusual sketch. Love the sweet image and colours you have used.
Love and hugs
Emma and susan
xxx

Janet 15 May 2010 at 05:43  

Another lovely card! I will have to have a go at this challenge x

Nilla 15 May 2010 at 06:33  

Love it such a gorgeous card, great sketch and lovely colors! Hugs Nilla

.::CaRiN::. 17 May 2010 at 20:42  

Supercute card! I love the stamp! :D And the colors, they are beautiful together! :)

Unknown 18 May 2010 at 20:49  

Gorgeous card Sharon, the image is so cute and the DP is beautiful,
Angela x

Anonymous,  1 July 2010 at 13:05  

Ooh this is really unusual and pretty! I like the circle effect. You know, I've never managed to get on with the Fiskars Circle cutter at all, I gave it up ages ago as a lost cause :-( I'm impressed just at you cutting the circles out ;-) Dulcie x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP