Friday Sketchers

>> Friday 27 February 2009



Two project completed tonight!! One I can't show you until next Thursday but I had to put some ink on my new WOJ stamps that arrived this morning so I made a card following the FS sketch. Although its a simple sketch I had to really think about how I wanted this card to look. I chose my paper first which is a lovely sheet from a K & Co 6 x 6 pad and is beautifully framed with subtle flourishes. I kept the colouring soft with watercolour pencils and distress inks and just a little Tea Dye distress ink to sponge around the image.

Align LeftFor the left hand panel I embossed a strip of vellum and then cut a Sizzix flourish with coordinating K & Co paper. I cut my sentiment panel from my scalloped Nesties, inked the edges with distress ink and hung it with some thread. The sentiment is from Woodware and the flowers are a mixture of Making Memories, Craft Barn and punches.

16 comments:

Nilla 27 February 2009 at 23:14  

So delicate and beautiful! from Nilla

Classroomfree 27 February 2009 at 23:31  

Elegant and gorgeous - it's lovely!

Dena 28 February 2009 at 03:54  

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I do love this WOJ stamp she should be arriving at my house on Monday. Woo hoo! You did a great job with this card and I love the swirl also.

cats whiskers 28 February 2009 at 09:00  

This is just so sweet love the gorgeus soft colours you hve used
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet 28 February 2009 at 09:10  

woww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Caroline 28 February 2009 at 10:13  

Stunning card! Love the soft colours and the great image. Caroline x

debby4000 28 February 2009 at 10:35  

Beautiful and elegant card, wonderful image and that swirl fab.

mueppi 28 February 2009 at 15:14  

Wow.... Sharon
another beautiful card!!!
I love your soft colouring!
have a nice weekend!
Hugs Gisela

Dawn♥ 28 February 2009 at 16:55  

Absolutely GORGEOUS! ♥♥ Dawn

Simone 1 March 2009 at 12:45  

So gorgeous! I love these soft colours you have used!
Simone

iReneM 1 March 2009 at 16:31  

Such a soft, calm, beautiful card.
I love it :-)
x

Gill 1 March 2009 at 20:25  

Beautiful card, love the colours and your cute image is coloured perfectly
hugs Gill x

Bev 1 March 2009 at 22:21  

Stunning! This is so pretty Sharon, love those papers and the soft colours you have used on the image.x

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 12:48  

Really pretty card, the swirl looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

Cheryl 3 March 2009 at 13:50  

A very beautiful card,I love the soft colours and use of vellum!!!

LOUISE 4 March 2009 at 07:30  

Lovely card Sharon, love the new WOJ image, and the colours are lovely and soft. Louise x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP