>> Tuesday, 24 February 2009
It's ages since I've taken part in the Ismaki challenge but this weeks sketch is fantastic so I had to join in. I'm really please with how this card has turned out. I coloured my Sugar Nellie image with distress inks and water colours and I did it at lunchtime today - daylight makes all the different!! The DP is from K & Co and all the cardstock is Bazzil. For the vertical panel I took a cream piece of card from my scraps box, ran it through the Cuttlebug using the birds and swirls embossing folder and then used some Tea Dye distress ink on a piece of cut & dry foam to gently swipe over the top to get the pattern to stand out.
I even managed to colour the background of my image with distress ink without getting lines or dark blodges! I dampened my cut and dry foam and, on the watercolour paper, this seems to work. I don't now how other people manage to get such smooth, even background colour but this worked OK for me!
The flowers have also been sponged with distress ink and have cinnamon brads from Lasting Impressions added to the centre. I don't have any leaf punches but a I had rummage in my goodies draw and found some long forgotten skeleton leaves which go really well with this colour scheme.