Ismaki Sketch

>> Tuesday 24 February 2009



It's ages since I've taken part in the Ismaki challenge but this weeks sketch is fantastic so I had to join in. I'm really please with how this card has turned out. I coloured my Sugar Nellie image with distress inks and water colours and I did it at lunchtime today - daylight makes all the different!! The DP is from K & Co and all the cardstock is Bazzil. For the vertical panel I took a cream piece of card from my scraps box, ran it through the Cuttlebug using the birds and swirls embossing folder and then used some Tea Dye distress ink on a piece of cut & dry foam to gently swipe over the top to get the pattern to stand out.

I even managed to colour the background of my image with distress ink without getting lines or dark blodges! I dampened my cut and dry foam and, on the watercolour paper, this seems to work. I don't now how other people manage to get such smooth, even background colour but this worked OK for me!



The flowers have also been sponged with distress ink and have cinnamon brads from Lasting Impressions added to the centre. I don't have any leaf punches but a I had rummage in my goodies draw and found some long forgotten skeleton leaves which go really well with this colour scheme.




18 comments:

Nilla 24 February 2009 at 07:15  

Beatiful, what else to say:-) from Nilla

Nilla 24 February 2009 at 07:15  

And of course I meant Beautiful!!

debby4000 24 February 2009 at 09:42  

Oh WOW this card is so gorgeous.

Mu42800 24 February 2009 at 10:14  

sarah kay , papier tout estsublime
biezzzz Mu

Unknown 24 February 2009 at 11:17  

wow your card is really wonderful and so lovely ... i love your card in those soft colours.
thank you for your fabulous card to my sketch at ismaki.
hugs, bea

Svvaly 24 February 2009 at 11:45  

Très jolie carte, j'adore.

Bises
Svvaly

Michele Roos 24 February 2009 at 15:38  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image and the colouring is so soft and beautiful. Love the papers also. Michele x

cats whiskers 24 February 2009 at 17:39  

Oh Hun this is just beautiful what fabulous colouring and fabulous papers, the floweers are just perfect. I just adore it all
Hugs Jacqui x

debra 24 February 2009 at 19:06  

What a fantastic card, love the colours and how you have used your distress inks think you have done an excellent job, now i had better take note for when i next use my distress inks.
Debra xx

Riet 24 February 2009 at 20:05  

woww Sharon.what a gorgeous card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

BrigitteG 24 February 2009 at 20:45  

wowwww love it love it love it !!
it is soooo cute and wowww check out the colouring, it's simply stunning :) well done xxx
Hugs from Australia xxx

Mina 25 February 2009 at 00:12  

wow gorgeous card...thanks for the tip of wetting the papers will have a go of that...I love the papers you have used xxx

Nancy 25 February 2009 at 13:21  

wow, wirklich schön!!

lg
nancy

Sue 25 February 2009 at 19:40  

A beautiful card, coloured beautifully, luv the papers, just gorgeous, sue.x

Anne H. 25 February 2009 at 21:28  

This card is gorgeous, Sharon!
Beautiful coloring and I just love the background!
Anne -:)

Vali 26 February 2009 at 14:28  

So beautiful !!! I love the colors and the stamp !
Very great work !
Hugs.
Val.
http://lemondedevali.canalblog.com

esyram 1 March 2009 at 08:34  

j'aime beaucoup elle est vraiment belle et très douce

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP