Sketch Saturday

>> Sunday 15 February 2009



I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. We had a lovely day (a rare Saturday off for Dave) and I was taken out for lunch as well as receiving two lovely boxes of chocolates.

I did manage to sneak an hour away to make a start on this card and I finished it off earlier today. I've flipped the sketch as I preferred my vertical panel on the left. All the papers are K & Co and I love their vintage feel. They are quite an unusual colour though, a sort of paprika with a bit of pink and some tiny blue dots. Much as I love my distress inks the colours are quite limited so I used Prismas for this card, added highlights with an Inkessentials pen and a little glitter to Chloe's hair bow. I used chalk to shade the background and stamped the swirl (a freebie with CM&P magazine) with Bark Versacolor ink. The brads are Lasting Impressions, the sentiment was a freebie when I bought some stamps from FunkyKits and the corner flourish is a Cuttlebug die.

Only a couple more days until the launch of the Truly Scrumptious Blog which is so exciting! Some of the DT have sent their pictures already and the cards are fab so I hope you will all join us on Wednesday!

14 comments:

Joey 15 February 2009 at 21:55  

Hi Sharon, this is beautiful, absolutely love the colours and punched edge. joey.xx

Sandra 15 February 2009 at 22:32  

These papers are so scrummy. They work so well with your image which you have coloured beautifully.
Looking forward to the launch of Truly Scrumptious (oh no... I'm singing the Chitty Chitty Bang bang song again!)
Hugs
Sandra xx

Sue 16 February 2009 at 00:00  

wow, this is beautiful,gorgeous papers and and colours:)

sue
xx

Anonymous,  16 February 2009 at 01:48  

This is so pretty! That punched edge is gorgeous, the colors are so yummy and the imagine is so adorable!


Tonya

cats whiskers 16 February 2009 at 07:09  

Oh wow Sharin I just love the colours on this one, great card dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet 16 February 2009 at 07:38  

what a gorgeous card Sharon.
l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Cathy 16 February 2009 at 08:26  

Beautiful card Sharon. I love these papers too,and your colouring is fabulous.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Daisy Chain 16 February 2009 at 09:12  

Hi Sharon. Lovely card, you're right about the vintage feel, and that image is just right. Love the colours.

Hugs Debbie xx

Rach 16 February 2009 at 11:45  

a beautiful card Sharon. love the colour combo that you have used.xx

Michele Roos 16 February 2009 at 15:10  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the soft colours you've used. Michele x

Tara Godfrey 16 February 2009 at 16:58  

Super sweet, Sharon! Great colouring and such lovely colours and papers!
hugs,t

Anne H. 16 February 2009 at 21:28  

Such a beautiful card!
An adorable image and beautiful coloring!
Anne -:)

aardvarkpest 17 February 2009 at 16:07  

Beautiful card. Lovely soft colours. Love the image and the lace edging.

Glenda

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP