Spring Showers

>> Tuesday 3 March 2009



It's actually blowing a gale outside at the moment but it was a mild spring day when I coloured this image yesterday!! I've followed this weeks Mojo Monday sketch and the card also qualifies for A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge which is torn edges. The colours on this card are VERY bright! the DP is by Bo Bunny and I've used bright pink, purple and green Coredinations cardstock for matting.

The WOJ image is not new but she's new to me and was lovely to colour. I've used distress inks and also layered the top of the umbrella to add a bit of dimension. I then added tiny drops of diamond glaze to the raindrops and umbrella to look like water droplets; they're just visable on the close up picture. I think the paper is too busy to add flowers but I have added a Cuttlebug corner swirl.

11 comments:

Dawn 3 March 2009 at 22:00  

Hiya Sharon

Same here - bloomin freezing!!

Love your card - beautiful soft colours...

Hugs
Dawn
x

Joey 3 March 2009 at 23:59  

Hi Sharon, great card, I love this image. joey.x

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards 4 March 2009 at 06:21  

Beautiful colors a real spring card.
Hugs Agnes

cats whiskers 4 March 2009 at 07:09  

Hi sweetie, great card love the colours and the Dp, wow I could not sleep with that wind last night, thank goodness its calmed down this morning, I have to go into Canterbury.
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet 4 March 2009 at 08:12  

what a gorgeous card Sharon,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos 4 March 2009 at 10:19  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image and the yummy papers. Michele x

Sue 4 March 2009 at 18:40  

Gorgeous card Sharon, luv the colours, sue.x

K 5 March 2009 at 16:37  

Great card, really nice papers! I clicked on your name on the Mojo Monday Mr. Linky. You chose the same challenge combo as I did :)

Bev 6 March 2009 at 19:08  

What a stunner! Love this card Sharon,t he colours are so pretty xx

Beth aka BR-T 8 March 2009 at 00:07  

This is a wonderfully created card, from your layering to the sweet image! BR-T

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP