Cute Card Thursday - Guest Designer

>> Thursday 5 March 2009



I was thrilled to be asked to be the Guest Designer for this weeks Cute Card Thursday challenge. When I heard the theme was Food & Drink I knew I would use my new Magnolia muffin stamp and after playing around with a few ideas I decided to make this 'box in a bag'. You can get the instructions for making this bag from Splitcoast Stampers - its very straightforward to make. I used bazzil cardstock for the base and my favourite Crate Paper for the bag. I don't have a tag punch so instead I cut 4 circles with my scalloped nesties, punched a hole through them and then stuck them to the top of the bag for the handles.

I also made a matching tag. I used the same DP to paper piece the muffin case, and the reverse of the paper to paper piece the bow. All the colouring is done with distress inks and for the icing I used 'fluffy up stuff' (I can't remember its proper name) and while it was still warm, pressed in some seed beads.

9 comments:

debby4000 5 March 2009 at 09:07  

I love that cupcake card is so fab and the matching gift bag brilliant.

Unknown 5 March 2009 at 09:34  

What an amazing pair of creations Sharon - that cake looks so realistic. Great idea to use paper piecing and the Fluffy Stuff. Thanks so much for being our GD. Lol Lynn ♥

Gillian 5 March 2009 at 09:53  

This is gorgeous, love the colours and everything about it.

Gill x

Deb 5 March 2009 at 10:40  

This is stunning Sharon, your bag is so pretty and the cupcake tag is such a fabulous idea. Love them both! Thank you so much for being a fabulous guest designer this week, can't wait to see your next one!
Have a great day, Debx

cats whiskers 5 March 2009 at 11:22  

Wow Hun what a fabulous little set this is, love that bad and the cupcake tag is a brilliant idea
Hugs jacqui x

Heike's Creativeplace 5 March 2009 at 13:11  

Wow, this is so cute and adorable. The colors and Papers are gorgeous. Love it all.....

Hugs
Heike

Sue 6 March 2009 at 09:45  

Absolutley gorgeous that cake looks good enough to eat, beautiful, sue.x

Tab 6 March 2009 at 21:16  

Wowee just love this! The little cupcake card is gorge, cracking idea!
Hugs Tab xxx

Helen 8 March 2009 at 22:17  

These are fab! Loce the icing on the cupcake!
Helen x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP