A Gem of a Challenge

>> Thursday 8 April 2010

It’s the 8th of the month which means its time for our third ‘Gem of a Challenge’.  Christine has set our challenge this time and it’s to make a card for a special birthday (eg. 1st, 16th, 21st etc).

Now Christine herself is celebrating a very special birthday this week so I made my card with her in mind!

PG1

I’ve seen a few of these ‘flower pot’ cards around in blogland so I thought I would have a go myself.  It was really fun to make once I’d got all my measurements sorted out!  The papers are all MME Bloom & Grow and I stamped Teddy with Rose onto shrink plastic, coloured her with chalks and then punched a hole at the top before shrinking her with my heat gun. 

PG2You can see her a bit more clearly here.

I added some white card to the insert that slots into the pot to make it easier to write a greeting.

 

 

PG3

Please pop along and visit the challenge blog.  The other DT girls have made some gorgeous cards and if you use a Pink Gem image on your card you could win two fantastic stamps!

8 comments:

Jennifer 8 April 2010 at 11:20  

This is gorgeous and so creative..fab! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Danielle 8 April 2010 at 12:52  

This is beautiful Sharon! The papers are gorgeous and I love how you did the flowers! The handmade charm is super cute too!
Hugs, Danielle

Elaine Stark 8 April 2010 at 13:34  

Beautiful card, I haven't made one of these for a long time. Lovely papers too. Elaine

My Serendipity 8 April 2010 at 15:41  

Very pretty card! I love the colors and gems!

dolcreations 8 April 2010 at 16:44  

I so love this Sharon! I love how you did the flowers!

debby4000 9 April 2010 at 08:46  

Oh gorgeous Sharon, beautiful colours and fabulous flowers.
luv
Debby

Christine 9 April 2010 at 15:57  

Yoo Hoo Sharon this is even more gorgeous IRL..love it love it. thank you so mcuh for this gorgeous b/day card && your fab take on the theme.

luv n hugs Christine xx

Janet 13 April 2010 at 16:45  

Wow this is fab....no wonder Christine is so thrilled!xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP