Friday Sketchers

>> Friday 16 April 2010

Happy Friday everyone. I hope you've had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. We've got a good forecast for the South of England although they said on the news tonight that we might get a light covering of ash which is blowing over from the Icelandic volcano!

My hAnglar stamps arrived on Tuesday (great service as I only ordered them Friday morning). I fell in love with this cutie the moment I spotted her in blogland so I was thrilled she was in one of the kits being sold.



The papers are a mixture of Rusty Pickle and Magnolia. I scuffed all the edges and distressed them with Walnut Stain distress ink. I even felt brave enough to tear one piece!! The deeper blue flower was a bargin from HobbyCraft (39p for 5 flowers) and the others are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I forgot to spray the flowers with glimmer mist so I added some stickles instead, but I did managed to stick everything the right way up on the base card!






Also in the post this week I received the latest copy of Papercraft Essentials and guess who is making her debut as a designer.........ME!!

My challenge was to make five cards for £5 which was harder than I first imagined! I'm so excited to have some cards published and if you buy this magazine I'd love to know what you think.

20 comments:

Jeanette 17 April 2010 at 00:16  

Such a sweet card. I love that image as well. Congrats on being published!
Thanks for playing along this week at Friday Sketchers and sharing your creation with us!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Deb 17 April 2010 at 00:51  

such a gorgeous card Sharon and huge congrats on your magazine debut! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Danielle 17 April 2010 at 03:27  

Love your card Sharon and the Hanglar image is just darling! You're so lucky to have got your hands on one!! And huge congrats on your magazine designer debut - how exciting to be published!!
Hugs, Danielle

sandra_w 17 April 2010 at 07:55  

Beautiful card, Sharon!
Congrats on your magazine debut!!

Have a lovely weekend!

San x

Stempeltiger 17 April 2010 at 08:31  

This card is really GORGEOUS Sharon! Love the sweet image, the soft colours and the fab flowers.
Great work.
Congrats on your magazine designer debut Sharon!
Enjoy the weekend.
Lots of hugs,
Swantje

Unknown 17 April 2010 at 09:17  

Gorgeous card, love the colours too!! Congrats on your debut, I will have a look!!!
Angela x

Tracy 17 April 2010 at 09:22  

Yes Sharon I saw your piece in the magazine and recognised your photo straight away (sometimes I forget this is your blog as there's no photo anymore).
It was a great piece congratulations!
This Hanglar is super sweet and you've made a fantastic creation. I love Hanglar, your so lucky to have one.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Fiona 17 April 2010 at 09:40  

Lovely gentle colours Sharon and great colouring. Congrats on your magazine designer debut.

Fiona

CraftyC 17 April 2010 at 12:47  

Beautiful card Sharon, love the colours!
Clairex

dolcreations 17 April 2010 at 14:00  

Congratulations Sharon on being published...it must be so exciting for you!!! I am going to have to look for that magazine her in Canada!!!
I just adore your card! I love that Hanglar Image! I wish they would sell them to everyone as they are soooo cute! Maybe one day!
I love the soft blues...you are so talented!!!!

Elaine Stark 17 April 2010 at 18:37  

An adorable image made into a fab card. Congratulation on your published card, I will need to buy this. Elaine

Kim Dellow 18 April 2010 at 11:55  

Gorgeous card and big congrats on the publication :) Kimx

Julie 18 April 2010 at 12:49  

I love the sweet, shabby feel of this card, gorgeous work. Congrats too the the Papercraft Essentials piece.

LilyPuss Cards 18 April 2010 at 17:02  

Lovely card...thank you for joining us at ABC..
regards
Jan...x

Mina 19 April 2010 at 21:08  

I couldnt resist getting her either Sharon, great minds eh lol...beautiful card and I love those papers, I may need to get them
Mina xxx

cats whiskers 20 April 2010 at 18:19  

Well done hun, you must be thrilled, I love this little card, mine have arrived too but no time to play yet
Hugs
Jacqui x

Michele Roos 20 April 2010 at 20:33  

Such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Boy you kept that quiet Woooooooohooooooooooo Sharon, many congrats on getting published. Hugs Michele x

Leann 21 April 2010 at 09:41  

She's so sweet!
Thanks for joining us over at CCT this week and big congrats on being published :D
Hugs x

Dulcie 22 April 2010 at 10:41  

Congratulations Sharon! That's fab news...it's really nice seeing your own designs in print :-) Dulcie xx

Jennifer 26 April 2010 at 11:48  

This is so soft and gorgeous! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP