Truly Scrumptious Challenge #9

>> Wednesday 10 June 2009

This week on the Truly Scrumptious challenge blog we have a great sketch by DT member Beth.

And the additional part of the challenge is to use altered flowers. You can use any flowers you like; Primas, punched, stamped etc., but you must alter them in some way (spray them, re-shape them, stamp them etc). And the prize for this challenge is a fantastic Whiff of Joy stamp.

TS1

I’ve used a lot of favourites on this card! My favourite WOJ image, my new favourite papers and my new glimmer mist which I absolutely love. I bought it at the Craft Barn this weekend and I don’t know how I’ve managed without it! For my altered flower I used my EK Success retro punches. I punched 3 large and 2medium flowers from my DP. I distressed then with shabby shutters and tea dye ink and then scrunched them up a bit. I’ve curled the petals and then layered the flowers, fixing them with a spacer and brad. I then put my flower (and my two paper roses) in a shoe box (great tip Kim, thanks) and gave them a spritz with glimmer mist.

Do visit the Truly Scrumptious blog and have a look at the rest of the DT’s fantastic cards.



Card recipe:

TS3Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Papermania (sentiment)

Colouring medium: Distress inks – Shabby Shutters (trousers), Tea Die, Brushed Cordroy & Walnut stain (hair, top and basket)

Papers: Graphic 45

Embellishments: Paper roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, Cuttlebug decorative corner die, Quickutz leaves, pearls & lace from stash

Tools: Labels 4 nesties

23 comments:

Riet 10 June 2009 at 07:21  

Wowwww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.
So beautiful papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Nilla 10 June 2009 at 08:09  

Love this card, so soft with green and beige! Fantastic! Hugs Nilla

Michele Roos 10 June 2009 at 09:02  

Stunning card Sharon. Love the image and the beautiful soft colouring. Hugs Michele x

Beth 10 June 2009 at 09:54  

This is such a pretty card! I love these papers and the vintage style is gorgeous!
Beth xx

Danielle 10 June 2009 at 12:20  

This card is so dreamy Sharon, it's gorgeous!! I love how you did your altered flower and everything else on this card is flawless. Just one stunning card.
Hugs, Danielle

Sandra 10 June 2009 at 13:36  

Wow beautiful card !

Nicole Bailey 10 June 2009 at 15:04  

oh Sharon your card is soooo beautiful...I love how you flipped the sketch and your flowers are sooo pretty!

Daisy Chain 10 June 2009 at 15:05  

I love your card Sharon. Lovely soft colours. The flower is gorgeous...must get some glimmer mists myself.

Hugs Debbie xx

Anonymous,  10 June 2009 at 15:47  

this is truly lovely! a wonderful collage of elements...
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous,  10 June 2009 at 17:31  

WOWZA Sharon, this is just gorgeous!! I really love your pretty neutral colors and that flower is just gorgeous!! :)

Dawn 10 June 2009 at 18:29  

Hiya Sharon
Awww this is so beautiful - love the soft tones and gorgeous colouring...

Hugs
Dawn

EEEk I forgot about my altered flower DUH!!!

Mina 10 June 2009 at 23:02  

oh wow Sharon this is just stunning, so beautiful and soft looking...I love those flowers they are lush xxx

Danita 11 June 2009 at 02:24  

Absolutely Gorgeous Sharon!!! I can see why alot of those pieces are favorites, they are beautiful!!! Put it all together and you have utter gorgeousness!!! Beautiful details too!!! Awesome job on this Sharon!!!

Danita

strawberry fields 11 June 2009 at 05:18  

This is such a beautiful card....love it
fiona x

Denise 12 June 2009 at 04:23  

Absolutely stunning!!

mueppi 12 June 2009 at 08:17  

Wow... Sharon
what a wonderful card with fab colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous,  12 June 2009 at 22:15  

Sharon, I love everything about your card...the papers are fantastic. I've heard a few people mention glimmer stuff, I'm off to investigate...... :)
Barbara
x

Heather 12 June 2009 at 22:38  

This is just beautiful Sharon. Such gorgeous papers and colours. Love your details and how you've coloured that adorable image so gently.
hugs Heather xx

brenda 13 June 2009 at 14:16  

Wow, what a gorgeous card Sharon. Absolutely love what you achieved with those flowers, they look fantastic. So glad you've found Glimmer Mists, arent they fab, I've been using the a year and still of bored of them.

Have a good weekend.

B x

tiggertastic 14 June 2009 at 12:56  

wow this is fantastic i love the leafs, what die did you use, and the flowers really do look stunning and worth all the work with distressing and punching

Sarah x

Simone 14 June 2009 at 22:14  

So wonderful, Sharon! I love these soft colours!
Simone

Minxy 19 June 2009 at 22:21  

Beautiful and delicate looking, real sweet :0)

crafty amy 4 August 2009 at 21:24  

Wow this is so beautiful I love the vintage feel and your colouring is amazing!
Thank you for putting in to join us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP