Next Level Sketch

>> Tuesday 30 June 2009

Woo hoo Andy Murray!!  What an amazing match last night.  I missed the middle 3 sets but I saw the final set and was screaming and cheering along with the centre court crowd.  I just hope he has enough energy left for tomorrows match.

Next Level

I’ve finally made a card for the Next Level challenge.  There’s a fab sketch on the blog this week which was fun to work with.  I had planned to sand the embossed circle behind my image but realised that I had used Bazzil cardstock rather than Coredinations so I used Worn Lipstick distress ink on the edges and then gently sponged the same colour onto the raised image.  The brads are from the same BG range as the papers – I kept saving them and then used up all the papers so I justified buying some more papers so I could use the brads!!

Card Recipe:

Next level 2Stamps: Sugar Nellie (Papermania sentiment)

Colouring medium: Distress inks

Papers: Basic Grey Euphoria

Embellishments: BG brads, punched flowers

Tools: Oval nesties, Fiskars circle cutter, EK Success flower punches

12 comments:

Kari 30 June 2009 at 22:39  

Hi Sharon!Beautiful card! The colors are great and the image is so lovely :)

Hugs, Kari :)

stephanne 30 June 2009 at 22:43  

Owwwie, you are going to be a fun one to stalk, I mean "follow," yep, follow, your colouring is tremendous and of course, love the papers!!
Stephanie

Anonymous,  30 June 2009 at 23:47  

OMG Sharon!! What a cutie!! I love your coloring and great take on the sketch!! HUGS

Danielle 30 June 2009 at 23:57  

This is beautiful Sharon - fabulous layout and the colours are gorgeous! Love the image on the oval nestie inside the circle! Thoroughly enjoying the tennis - I was on the edge of my seat last night watching Andy Murray (I am a Brit living in Canada!!). Those papers you commented about on my blog I bought at the Dollar Store!!
Hugs, Danielle

Ann 1 July 2009 at 05:45  

A stunning card Sharon, I love the image and you have coloured her perfectly, beautiful choice of papers too. Ann xx

LilyPuss Cards 1 July 2009 at 06:15  

Hi Sharon..stunning card love the colours and the cute image..

regards
Jan

Linanna DESIGNS 1 July 2009 at 06:47  

Good morning Sharon, wow what a gorgeous card hunny. I am ashamed to say i still havn't used this stamp yet its sitting in my pile ofstamps to ink up. I will get on with that today, as you have inspired me. Thank you hugs Linda x

Pia 1 July 2009 at 08:50  

what a fantastic card, lovely colours and cute image yuo have used.
hugs Pia

scrapperjulia 1 July 2009 at 10:41  

This is beautiful, love the soft colors!

mueppi 1 July 2009 at 15:18  

Your card is so beautiful, Sharon!
I love your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Riet 1 July 2009 at 20:36  

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos 2 July 2009 at 10:58  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP