Bildmalarna DT card

>> Tuesday 23 June 2009

This card was very nearly a disaster! I tried to cut all the way through my card to make a window for the sentiment and almost broke my Cuttlebug in the process! Note to self; don't try cutting through 3 layers of card all at once!! The nestie die did cut through the DP and mat card though so I stamped the sentiment on my base card and then created a frame for the window to hide the slightly torn DP!  The great sketch is from this weeks Inspirational Card Sketches blog.

ICS
I'm suffering with 'man flu' (ie. a cold!) at the moment so bending over my desk makes my sinuses throb! And I had to collect Thomas from nursery early today as they suspect he has chicken pox. Quite a few of the children at nursery have had it so I guess they're on the look out for it but I think his spots were heat rash as most of them had disappeared by bedtime.

Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Mimosas Summer Flower from Bildmalarna, sentiment was a freebie from Sugar Nellie

Paper: Double sided sheet from Ladybug & Friends

Embellishments: Ribbon from stash & punched flowers

Tools: Oval, circle and scalloped circle nesties, EK Success retro flower punches, Leone Em branch punch

16 comments:

Tricia 24 June 2009 at 01:11  

those colors are so soft and nice. What a cutie image! thanks for playing at ICS this week and have a fabu day!

wendipooh13 24 June 2009 at 01:25  

glad it didn't break!!! but the card looks like it was worth it, turned out soo cute!!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Regina 24 June 2009 at 01:34  

Your card is beautiful! I hope you are feeling better soon and that the little man doesn't have chicken pox!

Regina 24 June 2009 at 01:37  

forgot to say...thanks for playing along at ICS!

Liz Weber 24 June 2009 at 02:17  

Sharon this is such a darling pretty card and lol I can sooo relate to the almost broken cuttlebug, glad yours didn't break and you can't even tell on your card that there was almost a disaster! So glad you had fun using ICS #22!

Unknown 24 June 2009 at 03:42  

Beautiful card!!
I love the soft colors!!

Nilla 24 June 2009 at 06:10  

Lovely card and one of my favorite stamps from Bildmalarna! Hope you feel better soon! Hugs Nilla

Dawn♥ 24 June 2009 at 13:05  

Oh what beaut Sharon! Love the pretty colors and your take on ICSketches #22 is beautiful! Thanks for playing along! :)
♥Dawn♥

Anonymous,  24 June 2009 at 17:27  

Sharon, this card is so stunning!! You've done a beautiful job on it!! The coloring is so soft and pretty!! :)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs 24 June 2009 at 19:22  

your card is beautiful! I am so glad you didnot break your cuttlebug :/. I ahve had that scare before. Actually the little knob that holds my handle on fell off and I have to crank mine with care :) lol. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS!

Riet 24 June 2009 at 19:59  

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Vicky 24 June 2009 at 21:37  

Love the subtle colours of this card. Your little accident turned out well, would never have noticed, glad the c/bug survived! Thanks for playing along at ICS this week :)xx

Anonymous,  24 June 2009 at 23:34  

Your card is `beautiful`..
Thanks for joining in with I-C-s this week..
Hope your feeeling better soon:) x

Fink 26 June 2009 at 06:16  

I love how you did the flower bud in her hand! I love the circle saying in the window

Alecia Wolfford 26 June 2009 at 18:59  

Your card is lovely, great take on the IC Sketch this week!!

Unknown 29 June 2009 at 20:27  

Sharon, this is such a sweet card. I hope your cold gets better really soon too!

Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP