New stamps!

>> Saturday 27 June 2009

My new Whiff of Joy stamps arrived last week and I’ve been itching to use them.  But its Wimbledon fortnight which means the TV is on all afternoon except for yesterday as we had Centre Court seats.  They should have provided binoculars with the tickets as we were almost in the back row but we had a great time.

Andy Murray finished his match quite quickly this evening so I was able to finish this card.  One of my work colleagues is getting married next month so this card is for him and his wife-to-be.  I embossed the Coredinations strip behind the image and sanded it.  This is the first time I’ve tried this and I really like the effect.  And I had only intended to use my stickles on the brides veil but I wanted more sparkle so highlighted the carriage flowers as well.

WOJ1

This card is for four challenges:  Whiff of Joy (sketch), Spoon Full of Sugar & Sukkersott (wedding card), Cute Card Thursday (wheels).

Card Recipe:

WOJ2

Stamps: Whiff of Joy, Papermania sentiment

Colouring medium: Distress inks

Papers: Graphic 45 Baby 2 Bride collection

Embellishments: Cherry blossoms & paper roses, stick on pearls, lace from stash

Tools: Leone Em branch punch

26 comments:

Joey 27 June 2009 at 23:13  

Hi Sharon

this is gorgeous! love the embossing and tiny bits of sparkle these are such beautiful images

Joey.x

Vee 27 June 2009 at 23:36  

This is a stunning card. Such a beautiful image and I love the colours you've used.
xx Vee

Anonymous,  28 June 2009 at 01:48  

Your card is beautiful! I love how you coloured the cute WoJ image, I especially love her vail (sp?). The flowers and the papes are gorgeous.
Vanja

Nilla 28 June 2009 at 07:38  

Gorgeous card, the image is so beautiful! Hugs Nilla

Kari 28 June 2009 at 08:27  

Hi! Wow... thi cards is gorgeous!! The paper is wonderful ande the colors are great.Beautiful wedding card! :)

Have a great sunday:)

Hugs, Kari :)

debby4000 28 June 2009 at 10:07  

Gorgeous card, wonderfu work with the image and fab finishing touches.
luv
Debby

LOUISE 28 June 2009 at 10:24  

Gorgeous card Sharon, love it! I have my stamps, but haven't got round to using them yet. Louise x

Karita 28 June 2009 at 14:08  

Oh Sharon, your card is so beautiful!
Image is gorgeous and I love the colours you have used.

Hugs,
Karita

Anna 28 June 2009 at 15:01  

Wonderful card :o)

Riet 28 June 2009 at 16:06  

What a beautiful card Sharon,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michele Roos 28 June 2009 at 16:40  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. I used the same image, great minds, lol. Hugs Michele x

Bea 28 June 2009 at 18:02  

Lovely card and a beautiful stamp :o)

gina g 28 June 2009 at 18:11  

Hi Sharon Beautiful card love the colour, i just love the new stamps don't you. luv gina xx

Aina 28 June 2009 at 22:04  

Gorgeous and romantic card, in beautiful colours :O)

Mina 28 June 2009 at 22:36  

oh wow Sharon totally stunning, I love the soft colours such a wonderful wedding card for any couple xxx

Kathy 29 June 2009 at 03:48  

Wow Sharon this card is gorgeous!!! Love the pink, your embossing and all your shimmer!! Gorgeous!
:)Kathy

Merethe 29 June 2009 at 10:53  

Adorable stamp and lovely card. Just love the colors
Merethe

Nicki 29 June 2009 at 19:57  

Oh, what a stunning card! Love the shabby chic look of the sanded embossing, and your colouring is gorgeous. Nicki, xx.

Carola 29 June 2009 at 20:30  

This is a very lovely card :)

Carola

Anonymous,  29 June 2009 at 22:04  

This is beautiful Sharon. Love the colours you've chosen they all look so lush together. I've got as far as stamping my new stamps but haven't coloured them yet.
Barbara
x

May-Bente 30 June 2009 at 09:29  

This is very beautiful!!
amazing image and I love the colours you have used.

Hugs:))

Danielle 30 June 2009 at 23:55  

This is a stunning wedding card Sharon - I love the colours you've used and the layout!
Hugs, Danielle

Linanna DESIGNS 1 July 2009 at 06:51  

This is such a stunning card hunny and this image is one of my favourites from whiff of joy. Have a lovely day, hugs Linda x

Maya 6 July 2009 at 01:41  

Ohhh my!
This is beautiful!!
Love the soft colours and the motif is so cute!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Kaz 6 July 2009 at 22:05  

WOW.....this is stunning!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP