>> Wednesday 27 August 2008



How exciting! Jo at Sketch Saturday is looking for some DT members! The challenge was to create 2 cards (or ATC's or layouts etc) using this weeks sketch and to make one of them with a Christmas theme. I haven't been shopping for my Christmas crafting bits yet but I used my Woodware fairy who came with interchangeable sentiments. I've coloured her with Prisma pencils and added some diamond glaze to her wings. I've used blue metallic card for my base which I ran through my Cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder. I used a Hero Arts snowflake stamp (with Staz-on ink) to stamp onto a strip of vellum and I punched the snowflakes from white glitter card and pink metallic card and added a tiny pink gem to the middle.



For my second card I went bright! The paper is from Crate Paper and I've combined it with lime, pink and biscuit coloured bazzil card. I embossed the lime strip with swiss dots. I love this Lily & Milo stamp and I've stamped it onto watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils. I've had the ribbon & slider in my stash for ages.

Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Heather 27 August 2008 at 11:15  

hi there, new to your blog (came via Sketch Saturday). These cards are great! Love the punched out snowflakes - where did you get the punch/who is it by? would love to get one myself :)
hugs

Debbie 27 August 2008 at 17:09  

Two great cards. I like both of them. Good luck with your DT entry.

Debbie 27 August 2008 at 20:14  

Hi Sharon, You left a comment on my blog asking about Copics. They are not too hard to work with... but I found the blending a bit difficult a first. I suppose it's like any new product that you may use the more practice you get, the easier it becomes. I would advise you to get the Copic Sketch as it has a brush tip. They are quite expensive but you can buy different sets of colours and add to them as you go. Plus you can refill them and replace the tips.So you have to look at them as a long term investment ;) Mine were from here:
http://www.graphicsdirect.co.uk/sections/markers/copic-markers
Hope this helps.
Debbie x

Jo 27 August 2008 at 21:02  

*claps* 2 fab cards!
embossing on metallic card really shows the snowflakes off well, love that card.
Thank you for taking part!
Jo xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP