Truly Scrumptious - Petals, Pearls & Pins

>> Wednesday 27 October 2010

Thanks for visiting my blog today. It's wet and windy in Kent today - a bit different to the beautiful blue skies we saw on Monday! My husband and I took a day off work today and had a very productive day. We had a big clear up in the garage and took a car full of rubbish to the tip. Then we visited Toys R Us to buy Thomas' birthday present. He's really into Fireman Sam at the moment so we got him a lovely box set with all the characters, a fire station, fire engine, helicopter and ambulance. We had lunch at Pizza Express (another discount voucher!) and then home to do a tidy up in the spare bedroom (my craft room) before picking Thomas up. Unfortunately I'm back at work tomorrow.

We're up to challenge no.44 on the Truly Scrumptious blog. We have a sketch for you to follow with the optional extra challenge of using Petals, Pearls & Pins.


It's been a while since I used a Magnolia image and I love this Tilda sitting and picking the petals off her daisy. She is coloured with a mixture of aqua Promarkers and distress inks. The papers are DCWV Linen Closet and the sentiment is from Personal Impressions. I couldn't find my pins so I added some pearl sprays which look quite similar to pins!

I thought I would share this picture of Thomas with you. I tried to get him to help me make some biscuits on Monday. He was interested for about 30 seconds and then went to get his step and proceeded to wash all his trains in the washing up bowl. This took about 45 minutes and he was soaked by the time he had finished!

12 comments:

CraftyC 27 October 2010 at 09:58  

Beautiful card Sharon & I love the colours on this. Dull and grey here, not sure what part of kent you are in. At least Thomas looks like he's enjoying washing up. Not something I relish LOL
Clairex

Pami 27 October 2010 at 10:51  

Hi Sharon, what a beautiful card, such lovely soft colours and your colouring is lovely. And what a sweet photo!! Bless him washing his trains! Pami x

Lil Daffodil 27 October 2010 at 13:10  

Hi Sharon,
This card is beautiful. I love the papers and Tilda is perfectly coloured. It's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Danielle 27 October 2010 at 13:33  

Such a beautiful card Sharon - the papers and colour tones are gorgeous! So nice to see an older Tilda being used too! Beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing the pic of Thomas ... how cute!!
Hugs, Danielle

dolcreations 27 October 2010 at 14:37  

Sharon this card is so pretty! I love the soft greens and the beiges together! Beautiful card!
Love the picture of your son!!!!

Mandy 27 October 2010 at 17:08  

Hi Sharon,
Beautiful card,I haven't seen this tilda before she's adorable...Gorgeous papers and flowers....
Mandy xx

Lisette Morris 28 October 2010 at 00:55  

Your card is adorable as well as your son. I love the colors you used, Tilda is beautiful!

Heather 28 October 2010 at 09:07  

Substitute pots and pans for Thomas's trains and you've cracked it Sharon!!
Gorgeous card - love the Linen Closet papers, gorgeous beautifully coloured Tilda and fabulous detailing.
hugs Heather xx

Doreen 28 October 2010 at 23:04  

Hello Sharon I love you Tilda card it is beautiful.I love the colour's you have used. Your son looks like he is having bags of fun,such a wonderful age.xxx

Nilla 29 October 2010 at 03:37  

Love it,it's a stunning card! Hugs Nilla

Faye 1 November 2010 at 22:35  

Oh what a cutie! I have one just like that. As for the card, I noticed this one as I was linking mine up and thought it was very pretty and a smashing take on the sketch. Cleaning garages is an illegal use of days off, naughty girl! xx

Vicky Hayes 1 November 2010 at 23:07  

I love the colours you've used on this card and the net ribbon. You sound like you've had a very productive day off and had a great time! My sons used to like washing up too but have sadly gone off it!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP