Truly Scrumptious

>> Wednesday 5 August 2009

This week on the Truly Scrumptious blog we have a fab sketch by the very talented Mina and the added challenge is to use some bling on your card.

Mina sketch 2

I’ve noticed that a lot of people have started to make their Christmas cards recently which is such a good idea as I’m always rushed at that time of year.  I have a real lack of Christmas stamps (I feel a shopping spree coming on) but I do have this fabulous image from Pink Gem Designs.  I’ve coloured her in distress inks and added stickles to the fur trim on her dress, ear muffs and boots.  I used a Hero Arts snowflake stamp around the edge of the image and my other snowflakes are punched and embellished with crystal gems.  And for a bit more bling I added 3 star shaped brads to the ribbon.  I ran out of room for a sentiment but I’ll add one to the inside later on.

HPIM1581

I hope you will be able to visit the Truly Scrumptious blog to see the DT’s fabulous creations.  There is also a fantastic set of Alota stamps to be won if you take part our challenge.

Card Recipe:

HPIM1585 Stamp:  Winter Mimi from Pink Gem Designs, snowflake stamp from Hero Arts

Colouring medium: Distress Inks – Dusty Concord (dress & boots) Tattered Rose and Tea Dye (skin) Brushed Cordroy & Walnut Stain (hair)

Papers: DCWV Christmas Stack

Embellishments: Brads, ribbon and gems from stash

Tools: Label & Cirle Nesties, Sizzix snowflake die, X-Cut snowflake punch

17 comments:

PinksyDoodles 5 August 2009 at 07:18  

So cute! These are beautiful colours for a Christmas card.
Clare x

Nilla 5 August 2009 at 07:44  

Adorable card, I love the Stickles effect, very clever! Hugs Nilla

Sue 5 August 2009 at 10:38  

Aww this is gorgeous, what a sweet image and just adore those colours.
Sue xx

Danielle 5 August 2009 at 12:39  

Gorgeous card Sharon! Your colours and papers are fabulous and the sweet image is coloured beautifully!
Hugs, Danielle

Jenny 5 August 2009 at 12:51  

The image is coloured beautifully Sharon. Nice to see some different colours for a christmas card.
Jenny

Kari 5 August 2009 at 13:47  

Wow..What a wonderful card! The colours are great and the colouring is amazing!The image is so cute!The snowflakes are gorgeous! I think I have to start on my Christmas card real soon too:)
Have a great day:)

Hugs,Kari:)

dolcreations 5 August 2009 at 13:59  

Oh my goodness..I am going to have to have this stamp! It is gorgeous!
I love how you did this card so much! Simply beautiful Sharon!
Christine

Riet 5 August 2009 at 16:39  

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina 5 August 2009 at 18:43  

wow Sharon love the soft gentle colours you have used for your Christmas card...perfect colouring
Mina xx

Daisy Chain 6 August 2009 at 00:56  

Hi Sharon.

What a lovely christmas card. I love this image, and actually have it myself, so no doubt it will be featuring in some of my cards for christmas this year too, which incidently I have NOT started yet...

Hugs Debbie xx

Rach 6 August 2009 at 08:23  

A gorgeous card Sharon. love the colour combo that you have used. hugs rachxx

Michele Roos 6 August 2009 at 10:27  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Danielle 6 August 2009 at 14:14  

Hi Sharon - I have a little something for you on my blog!
Hugs, Danielle

Nicki 6 August 2009 at 21:21  

So gorgeous! Love the pink and lilac combo, and the image is absolutely lovely. Nicki, xx

debby4000 7 August 2009 at 08:35  

Oh what a darling of a card, such a cute imae and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Dawn Wheeler 7 August 2009 at 17:02  

Wow beautiful card so pretty ,fabulous image and papers
hugs Dawnxx

gina g 8 August 2009 at 02:36  

Gorgeous card love the colours and the sweet image. luv gina xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP