Bildmalarna DT card / Sketch Saturday

>> Tuesday 11 August 2009

Phew, what a hot day we’re having in Kent today and so far its been very productive.  We dropped Thomas at nursery and went straight to Bluewater for a bit of shopping (new bedroom curtains) and lunch.  And then came home and sanded & painted all the downstairs window sills.  So now I have about 1/2 hour to make this post before I need to pick Thomas up.

I was thrilled when Lalla asked me if I would like to continue as a guest designer for their new release of stamps.  They arrived late last week and I have to say they are all gorgeous plus you can now order them already mounted on EZ mount.  I chose to ink up Mimosa  Umbrella first.  These images are so lovely to colour.  I experimented by using a bit of Black Soot distress ink in the areas where I wanted shadow and I’m pretty happy with the result.

Bildmalarna DT card

The layout is from this weeks Sketch Saturday challenge.  Here is a close up of Mimosa.  I used some liquid gloss around her feet to create a puddle.

Mimosa close up

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Mimosa Umbrella from Bildmalarna, Papermania sentiment

Papers: Double sided sheet from Imaginisce

Colouring Medium:  Distress Inks

Embellishments: Ribbon, crystal rain drops, brads, spacers all from my stash

Tools: Retro flower punches (medium & small), corner rounder punch

21 comments:

dolcreations 11 August 2009 at 16:52  

This is so beautiful this card. You colour with such softness and perfection. I love the layout of this card. We have had so much rain here that this card would be perfect over here! I love the rain drops..beautiful touch!
Christine

mueppi 11 August 2009 at 17:13  

Wow....... Sharon
your card and this cute image are soooooo beautiful!!!!!!
Have a great evening!
Hugs Gisela

Danielle 11 August 2009 at 17:53  

Oh Sharon this is stunning! This image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect! Beautiful layout, papers and such great embellishments on this card! I love it!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous,  11 August 2009 at 17:54  

Oh how very sweet!! This is just darling!! I love your pretty coloring!! HUGS

Tracy 11 August 2009 at 18:45  

I love your card and your colouring is beautiful. Cute stamp.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Louise 11 August 2009 at 19:52  

beautiful card and your colouring is fab

Elaine Stark 11 August 2009 at 20:21  

Beautiful card and lovely colours. I love this image too. Elaine

Nicki 11 August 2009 at 21:03  

Ahh, Mimosa is such a little sweetie! Love your glossy puddle too - fab idea. Nicki, xx

Kari 11 August 2009 at 21:58  

This is a lovely card!The image is so cute and you have wonderful colouring!
Have a great evening:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Caroljenks 12 August 2009 at 00:32  

Absolutely gorgeous Sharon and your 'soot shading' is fantastic :)

Beautiful image and your addition of the puddle finishes it off perfectly.

Carol x

Nilla 12 August 2009 at 00:50  

Isn't she just adorable, Mimosa, you did really justice to her!! Love the card! Hugs Nilla

Benedicte 12 August 2009 at 11:28  

Hi Sharon!! Thanks for a nice comments in my blog!! Your card is so cute:O) I love your colours and colouring:O)The detaljes is so pretty:O)
Have a nice day!!
Hugs Benedicte.

debby4000 12 August 2009 at 17:47  

Oh she is so cute, wonderful image and beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Riet 12 August 2009 at 19:10  

Ohhh wowwww Sharon,what a beautiful card,i love the papers and colours.
So BEAUTIFUL stamp.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers 13 August 2009 at 07:29  

Morning dear, what a stunning card this is, love everything about it, I really need this gorgeous image
Hugs Jacqui x

Jenny 13 August 2009 at 12:24  

Lovely card Sharon, very soft,fresh colours.
Jenny

Kirsten Aune 13 August 2009 at 19:28  

I love your beautiful creations, Sharon! The images are so cute, and your colouring is perfect!!

I look forward to follow you!!

Have a great evening!
Hugs, Kirsten

Tab 13 August 2009 at 20:54  

Beautiful card, just adore the sweet image and the colours are delish! Fabulous colouring the black soot works so well.
Hugs Tab xxx

Rach 14 August 2009 at 08:20  

so sweet, and your image is beautifully coloured. hugs rachxx

Chris 15 August 2009 at 21:42  

So beautiful Sharon, I love the image, such a cutie and your colouring is gorgeous, I love the shading you did with the black, so effective. Great design and papers too. Chris xx

Titti 15 August 2009 at 21:46  

Hey Sharon!
Your card are so beutyful, you are making a nice work with your card.
Hugs from sweden

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP