Sugar Bowl Challenge

>> Friday 28 August 2009

It’s AGES since I’ve entered a card in the Sugar Bowl Challenge but the sketch seemed to re-start my mojo which was a huge relief! 

HPIM1669

I’ve been itching to used my new MME papers and they all coordinate so beautifully they’re perfect when you’re using lots of layers.  I’ve coloured this gorgeous SN Fragile Beauty image with distress inks and then used Antique Linen and Brushed Cordroy to sponge the background and edges.  All the papers have been distressed with Brushed Cordroy too.  The butterfly is a Quickutz die which I cut 3 times (card, velum and DP) to give it some dimension and then added a snip of Prima Say it with Crystals.  I’ve tried to show the dimension of the butterfly in this picture.

HPIM1671

15 comments:

Fleur 28 August 2009 at 09:54  

Gorgeous card & blog, love your butterfly. I know what you mean about mojo. I took my daughter to paint a pot the other day, I just sat looking at a blank plate for about half an hour, then ended up just doing spotty!!! It looks to me though that all your creations are beautiful.
Love Fleur xXx

CraftyC 28 August 2009 at 10:33  

This is gorgeous Sharon, love the colours and beautifully embellished!
Clairex

debby4000 28 August 2009 at 13:06  

Oh she is gorgeous and such wonderful colours.
luv
Debby

Lil Daffodil 28 August 2009 at 13:18  

Hi Sharon,
This card is stunning! I love the warm colours and the colouring of the image is awesome.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Elaine Stark 28 August 2009 at 13:43  

looks like your creative juices are back. A lovely card and colours. Elaine

Kathy 28 August 2009 at 15:13  

GOrgeous card Sharon!! I too love these papers!! I really love the vintagey look of your card and the image goes so well!! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch :)Kathy

Julie 28 August 2009 at 17:58  

A lovely card, very feminine.

Anonymous,  28 August 2009 at 18:39  

So gorgeous Sharon!! I love your fabulous coloring and details!! HUGS

Minxy 28 August 2009 at 18:58  

Oh how pretty, love the rustic feel

x Minxy x

Riet 28 August 2009 at 19:34  

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Victoria 29 August 2009 at 21:54  

Glad your mojo got a jump start, this is absolutley stunning

Victoria
x

Juls 31 August 2009 at 12:48  

just gorgeous!! Love the gem swirls!

Lilian 2 September 2009 at 02:13  

Gorgeous card Sharon! Love the bling and your details. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

pensasruusu 6 September 2009 at 12:03  

This is my favorite! I love thhose colours and picture! LOVELY!

pensasruusu from Finland

Anne 8 September 2009 at 16:55  

A Georgeous card with a lot of beautiful details. The colours are wonderful!!

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP