Welcome to my Blog!

>> Tuesday 10 June 2008

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog! My name is Sharon, I'm 38 and married to David. We have a son, Thomas, and a furry baby - our dog Benji!

I've been making cards now for about 2 years and I'm hooked. I mainly make them for friends and family but I also sell a few too. Our tiny 3rd bedroom is my craft (& junk) room and I love disappearing up there whenever I can to make cards or ATC's. Since giving birth to our son 7 months ago I haven't had much time to craft but I'm hoping that, by keeping this blog as my creative diary, I will make the time and start to experiment a bit more. I've stumbled across some great crafting blogs; there are some fantastic card makers out there so hopefully I can take a bit of inspiration from them!

So often I sit at my desk to make a card and my mind goes blank. I have some lovely new papers or stamps to play with but I can't think what to do with them! Which is why the Papertake weekly challenge is so great. They give you a different layout each week so all you have to do is choose your papers/stamps/embellishments and away you go. And tonight I have completed my first 'challenge' card! I used Doodlebug papers and my new Penny Black alphabet stamps. Hope you like it!

6 comments:

papel1 11 June 2008 at 00:44  

I love your card. I haven't made one for this challenge (yet) but have for a few others. It gets addictive and you learn so much. All these challenges and blogs really help creativity flow.
Judy

Katharina Frei 11 June 2008 at 07:38  

This is lovely Sharon! Great stamps and paper! Hope you join in with us again :)

Mrs Mayne 11 June 2008 at 12:23  

Welcome to blogland Sharon! Your card looks fab! We alternate a 'general' challenge and a sketch challenge on a weekly basis so hope to see you take part again! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Rach 11 June 2008 at 21:53  

Hi Sharon,
Congrats on your first challenge...they are addictive...watch out!! lol
brilliant card by the way.
Hugs Rach.x

Bev 11 June 2008 at 23:04  

WOW!! Your card is brilliant. Love the stamps

Beth 11 June 2008 at 23:14  

This is fab, I love the bright colours!
Welcome to blog land! We've a new challenge starting on saturday for Penny Black stamps, pop on over and join in! Details are on my blog!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP