>> Friday 13 June 2008

This will be a very quick entry as I have so much to get done in the next few hours before I drive to my parents house. I finished my Dad's birthday card yesterday. I took inspiration for the layout from the Papertake blog and one of their DT, Dawn. Luckily my goodies arrived from the Glitter Pot really quickly so I was able to use my new 'Edwin' stamp.

And today I completed a 1st Fathers Day card for Dave. I took a few snapshots of Thomas and Benji yesterday in black and white and then designed the card around the picture. I wanted to keep the colours simple and my new Basic Grey papers were perfect. I stamped some swirls onto the paper and then layered the card and paper. The pricked effect around the horizontal strip was made using a tool I bought from a sewing shop. I don't know what its called but its a handy little tool to have. The sentiment was printed from my computer and I shaded it with chalks.

Oh, and just as a footnote, Thomas crawled properly today for the first time! He's been rocking on his hands and knees for a couple of weeks but today he moved forward a few steps before collapsing!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP