Truly Scrumptious - Swirls & Pearls

>> Wednesday 16 February 2011

Hello, thanks for stopping by today. I hope your week is going well so far. Mine didn't get off to the best of starts as I lost the diamond from my engagement ring yesterday :( I'm not holding out much hope of finding it and the insurance will cover the cost of a new one but it can't really be replaced for sentimental reasons.

It's time for a new Truly Scrumptious challenge and this time we have a theme - "Swirls & Pearls".


I think this is my favourite Sarah Kay image and she has been coloured with aqua pens and distress inks. The papers I used are Prima and Melissa Frances. The swirl is cut from some double sided sticky stuff and then sprinkled on some Angel Dust art glitter. It was incredibly fiddly but it made the swirl quite subtle which I like.

Hope you can join in our challenge this week.

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil 16 February 2011 at 09:57  

Hi Sharon,
I am just loving the design papers and colours on this fabulous card. The image is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Fiona 16 February 2011 at 11:52  

Sorry to hear about your diamond Sharon, what a bummer. Your card is lovely and fantastic colouring as usual.

Beth 16 February 2011 at 13:26  

Oh no! That's such a shame about your diamond! :-(
This is a beautiful card, I love the subtle swirl, it's gorgeous!

Love Beth xx

Michele Roos 16 February 2011 at 15:21  

Oh I'm sorry to hear that you've lost the diamond in your ring Sharon and I can imagine that your very upset about it.

Such a gorgeous card. Love the colouring of the image and the design also. Hugs Michele x

dolcreations 16 February 2011 at 18:57  

I am so sorry to hear about your diamond.I feel so badly for you.
I just love your card today! Beautiful work.

Anonymous,  16 February 2011 at 19:34  

Stunning image Sharon and beautifully coloured; love the soft effect of the Aquamarkers. So sorry to hear about the diamond. xx

carol 16 February 2011 at 21:22  

lovely pretty card, hope your week is getting better, x carol

debby4000 17 February 2011 at 08:47  

Beautiful card Sharon and love the adorable image.
luv
Debby

Nicki 17 February 2011 at 08:51  

What a shame about your ring hun, it's awful when you lose something with such sentimental value.

Love your card, the image is really sweet and your subtle sparkly swirl is gorgeous.

Nicki, xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP