Clean & Simple - FTL #128

>> Tuesday 22 February 2011

It's been a very busy day and I'm exhausted! We took Thomas on the train to London to the Natural History Museum. He's really into dinosaurs at the moment so we said we would take him as a half term treat. Unfortunately we had to queue for about an hour to get in but once inside he had a fantastic time. He wasn't too sure about the moving T-Rex but he loved the mammal room and the best bit of his day was choosing a dinosaur head on a stick from the museum shop!

Tuesday night is normally 'card making night' but I'm too tired and enjoying Heston Blumenthal on the TV so I just finished off a card I started last night.


One of my crafty new year resolutions was to start to use more of the stash I've collected over the years. I bought these chipboard flower shapes AGES ago so thought it was about time to use them. The larger one is painted with crackle paint (something else I haven't used before). I gave it a really thick coating and left it to dry overnight and I really like the effect. I love this denim card which I bought years ago and this was my last piece, I just hope the craft shop I got it from still sells it. I'm entering the card in these challenges:

Clean & Simple - layout
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Birthday Wishes

Tomorrow Thomas has a hearing test. We're a bit worried about his speech development so thought this would be a good place to start. We see the Speech Therapist in 2 weeks time.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

4 comments:

dolcreations 22 February 2011 at 22:45  

Stunning Sharon....Stunning! I absolutely love your colours that you have chosen use for the flower! Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiona 22 February 2011 at 23:03  

This is so pretty Sharon, the paper is lovely and great texture with the crackle paint.

Lil Daffodil 22 February 2011 at 23:04  

Hi Sharon,
I love the design paper ans the marvellous handmade flowers. The punched borders are beautiful. A wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

debby4000 23 February 2011 at 09:31  

Wonderful sweet card Sharon.
luv
Debby

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP