Friday Sketchers

>> Friday 25 February 2011

Hi everyone, I hope you have had a good week. This has been my first half term as a SAHM and its been hectic. We've had some lovely trips out and on Wedneday Thomas had his hearing test. His speech hasn't been progressing very well and they confirmed that there is some inflamation and fluid behind his ear drums. He has to have another test in 3 months time and if the fluid is still there they will refer us to EN&T and he will probably need grommets. Hopefully this is something we can get resolved as quickly as possible as I know he is getting frustrated because people don't always understand him.

Onto my card and I've used my favourite (and only) CC Designs image.


She is coloured with aqua pens and I love that you can used the pen directly on the paper to get a really good depth of colour, something I find difficult to do when using colour from the distress ink pads. I used some diamond stickles on her wings and some flower soft in her wheelbarrow. The papers are all NitWits. The sketch is from this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Next Wednesday we have a special Truly Scrumptious challenge when we celebrate our 2nd birthday so I hope you will visit again then!

8 comments:

CraftyC 25 February 2011 at 23:46  

This is just adorable Sharon, such a cute card and I love the papers!
Clairexx

dolcreations 26 February 2011 at 02:33  

Sharon...this is one of my favourite cards you have done....I just love the paper choices. I am on my way to an all day crop tomorrow and I was stuck on what I was going to do....you have totally inspired me with this cute card. I have this image and I am definetly going to play with it.
I am glad to hear there has been some progress with your son...at least you know where to start.

Rach 26 February 2011 at 11:43  

this is so sweet, what an adorable card.. love the flowers that you have added to the wheelbarrow. thank you for joining us @ Friday Sketchers. hugs rachx x

Anonymous,  26 February 2011 at 20:45  

Hi Sharon,
this is so beautiful! I love the image and the papers/ colours are perfect. I love the bit of flower soft you've used too. Just fab! xx

Danielle 26 February 2011 at 23:38  

Sharon - this card is stunning! What beautiful papers and colours and your image is coloured to perfection! Love the touch of flower soft in the wheelbarrow! Glad to hear you are making some progress with your son, hopefully matters will begin to get resolved from hereon.
Hugs, Danielle

Riet 27 February 2011 at 19:49  

So beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina 27 February 2011 at 23:30  

fabulous card Sharon, I love the mix of gingham and check...my Daughter had grommits and it helped brilliantly, she was 85% deal before them
Mina xxx

Jennifer 28 February 2011 at 01:47  

Beautiful Sharon. The colours are amazing. Loving the papers a lot :-) xx Jenny xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP