Something for the Christmas Tree

>> Wednesday 3 November 2010

I always mean to try to make more crafty projects other than cards but my mojo always seems to escape me. I got the idea for this decoration from the front cover of this months Craft Stamper magazine. One of the designers made a gorgeous Christmas wreath made with dozen of stamped and punched flowers. The article gave me the idea to use some of my paper flowers to make a smaller version that I can hang on our Christmas tree.


I used two Nestability dies to cut a ring from stiff card and then covered it with paper. I started to attach the flowers by wrapping the wire stems around the ring but it looked too messy so I cut all the stems off and glued the flowers instead. Then I repeated the process on the other side and spritzed the whole thing with glimmer mist. Apart from having to wait for the glue to dry it was actually very quick to make and I'm really pleased with the result. I'm going to make a few more and try added some other elements like ribbons and maybe some leaves.

8 comments:

Fiona 3 November 2010 at 22:32  

Absolutely beautiful Sharon!

Pami 3 November 2010 at 22:38  

This looks amazing Sharon! How clever, it will look so great on the tree. Pami x

Pami 3 November 2010 at 22:38  

This looks amazing Sharon! How clever, it will look so great on the tree. Pami x

Lisa 4 November 2010 at 07:08  

Hi Sharon, Wow this is gorgeous!

Lisa x

dolcreations 4 November 2010 at 15:24  

This looks amazing Sharon! I love the glimmer mist on there as well...it gives it such a festive feel! Very very pretty Sharon!

Riet 4 November 2010 at 15:38  

This is so wnderful Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous,  4 November 2010 at 20:43  

Fabulous!! So creative! xx

loftylass 22 November 2010 at 09:53  

Hi Sharon - just found your site via the blog hop. This is a great project and now I know what to do with my grandchildren in the coming weeks!! tfs
Hugs
HW
x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP