A Gem of a Challenge

>> Monday 8 November 2010

Good morning and thanks for visiting my blog. We have a new challenge for you over at A Gem of a Challenge and this month my teamie Christine has designed a fab sketch

And the optional extra challenge is to make a Christmas card using non traditional colours.

For my card I used the adorable Penguin Friends image. I know penguins are meant to be black and white but I stuggle with the Black Soot distress ink as it always looks very grey so I used my aqua promarkers instead and made them brown penguins!


The papers are a mixture of Wild Rose Studio and Papermania and the lovely sentiment is also from Pink Gem Designs.

I hope you will be able to visit the blog and see the rest of the DT's gorgeous work and then join in our challenge.

15 comments:

Lil Daffodil 8 November 2010 at 09:22  

Hi Sharon,
I love the colours and the gorgeous papers on this beautiful card. The image is just so cute.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pami 8 November 2010 at 09:45  

Hi Sharon! What a lovely card! I love penguins (brown or black!!) The sentiment is just lovely. Have a good day Pami x

Melanie-Jane 8 November 2010 at 10:45  

Sharon, lovely card and I love the papers you chose. I think the brown penguins look great.
Wishing you a great week and maybe you can stop by at my blog I'm having some sweet candy at the moment.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Julie 8 November 2010 at 11:57  

Your card is very sweet, love the colours you've used.

stephanne 8 November 2010 at 18:53  

Awww, this is really cute!!! Love that layout and the beautiful contrast of colours!!
hugs, stephanne

Anonymous,  8 November 2010 at 19:23  

Gorgeous! Love the layout and colours. xx

Riet 8 November 2010 at 19:28  

So beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Janet 8 November 2010 at 19:47  

This is just gorgeous Sharon.....love it!!xx

Jennifer 8 November 2010 at 23:14  

Love this!! The colours are lovely xx Jenny xx

Mandy 9 November 2010 at 08:22  

Hi sharon,
This is so cute and I love the brown penguins,gorgeous card....
Mandy xx

dolcreations 9 November 2010 at 12:59  

Oh Sharon your penguins are sooo cute in the browns and pinks! I LOVE IT! You always colour with such a soft touch which I really like! LOVE your paper too!

Christine 9 November 2010 at 13:02  

Hi Sharon awesome Pinkgem creation fab colour combo great take on the sketch..I left you something on me blog if you want to hop over to collect.

smiles Christine xx

Michele Roos 9 November 2010 at 13:28  

Such an adorable card Sharon. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Berry 9 November 2010 at 15:07  

This is so sweet Sharon, those penguins are fab and the deep richness of the colours are gorgeous! Hugs Rebekah xx

Nicki 9 November 2010 at 22:36  

Ahh, those penguins are super cute! I really love your colours too, those papers are lovely.

Nicki, xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP