A Gem of a Challenge

>> Monday, 8 November 2010

Good morning and thanks for visiting my blog. We have a new challenge for you over at A Gem of a Challenge and this month my teamie Christine has designed a fab sketch

And the optional extra challenge is to make a Christmas card using non traditional colours.

For my card I used the adorable Penguin Friends image. I know penguins are meant to be black and white but I stuggle with the Black Soot distress ink as it always looks very grey so I used my aqua promarkers instead and made them brown penguins!


The papers are a mixture of Wild Rose Studio and Papermania and the lovely sentiment is also from Pink Gem Designs.

I hope you will be able to visit the blog and see the rest of the DT's gorgeous work and then join in our challenge.

15 comments:

Lil Daffodil 8 November 2010 at 09:22  

Hi Sharon,
I love the colours and the gorgeous papers on this beautiful card. The image is just so cute.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pami 8 November 2010 at 09:45  

Hi Sharon! What a lovely card! I love penguins (brown or black!!) The sentiment is just lovely. Have a good day Pami x

Melanie-Jane 8 November 2010 at 10:45  

Sharon, lovely card and I love the papers you chose. I think the brown penguins look great.
Wishing you a great week and maybe you can stop by at my blog I'm having some sweet candy at the moment.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Julie 8 November 2010 at 11:57  

Your card is very sweet, love the colours you've used.

stephanne 8 November 2010 at 18:53  

Awww, this is really cute!!! Love that layout and the beautiful contrast of colours!!
hugs, stephanne

Katina 8 November 2010 at 19:23  

Gorgeous! Love the layout and colours. xx

Riet 8 November 2010 at 19:28  

So beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Janet 8 November 2010 at 19:47  

This is just gorgeous Sharon.....love it!!xx

Jennifer 8 November 2010 at 23:14  

Love this!! The colours are lovely xx Jenny xx

Mandy 9 November 2010 at 08:22  

Hi sharon,
This is so cute and I love the brown penguins,gorgeous card....
Mandy xx

dolcreations 9 November 2010 at 12:59  

Oh Sharon your penguins are sooo cute in the browns and pinks! I LOVE IT! You always colour with such a soft touch which I really like! LOVE your paper too!

Christine 9 November 2010 at 13:02  

Hi Sharon awesome Pinkgem creation fab colour combo great take on the sketch..I left you something on me blog if you want to hop over to collect.

smiles Christine xx

Michele 9 November 2010 at 13:28  

Such an adorable card Sharon. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Rebekah 9 November 2010 at 15:07  

This is so sweet Sharon, those penguins are fab and the deep richness of the colours are gorgeous! Hugs Rebekah xx

Nicki (LittleTed) 9 November 2010 at 22:36  

Ahh, those penguins are super cute! I really love your colours too, those papers are lovely.

Nicki, xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP