Pink Gem DT / Friday Sketchers

>> Friday 26 November 2010

Happy Friday everyone! It's been another busy week in our house. I handed in my notice at work and couldn't believe how nervous I was! It's been 15 years since I resigned from a job so I'm a bit out of practice but its done now so there's no going back (gulp). The whole household has had colds so we are coughing and spluttering but hopefully over the worst of it now. And the weather is soooo cold! They have forecast snow for the weekend which I'm really not looking forward to. We're hoping to go to the switching on of the Christmas lights in our local town on Sunday and see the firework display and it will be a real effort to leave the house if there is snow on the ground - I'm such a wimp!!

It was nice to have a bit of time to sit down and make a card this evening (in between watching bits of I'm a Celebrity).


The sweet image is Chloe & Penguin from Pink Gem Designs. She is coloured with distress inks and I used the same colour (Dusty Concord) to stamp the snowflake around the edges. The sentiment is also from Pink Gem Designs and the papers are by Wild Rose Studio. The layout is from this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge.

I hope the weather isn't too bad where you are and you have a lovely weekend.

7 comments:

Lil Daffodil 27 November 2010 at 00:11  

Hi Sharon,
What fabulous papers and a really adorable image on this lovely card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Pami 27 November 2010 at 06:45  

Hi Sharon, what a lovely card, the image is wonderful and you colouring looks fantastic. I hate the snow too, thankfully haven't got any yet. Stay warm. Pami x

Lisa 27 November 2010 at 06:49  

Hi Sharon, Gorgeous card! I love this sweet Pink Gem image and lovely sentiment.

I like snow when i'm looking at it from the comfort of my warm cozy house. Not so keen when I have to drive to work in it :-(

Have a great weekend.

Lisa x

Riet 27 November 2010 at 19:33  

What a gorgeous card Sharon,I love image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina 28 November 2010 at 18:42  

oooohhhhhh thats so brave of you Sharon, your card is gorgeous as always and its so freezing and snowy here....thanks for entering my Bunny Zoe's draw and good luck with it
Mina xxx

Vicky Hayes 30 November 2010 at 20:28  

What a pretty card - I love those rich backgroeund colours with the paler versions in the main image. I'd love the snow if it meant we had to stay in and craft by the fire all day - my idea of heaven! Congratulations on handing in your notice and good luck with self employment!

dolcreations 7 December 2010 at 18:06  

I am like you....I really do not like the cold and the snow!
But I DO LOVE your card!!! I love how you use those distress inks! The shade of purple you used is so pretty paired with the awesome glitter!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP