Fabric flowers

>> Saturday 18 September 2010

I'm going to post this card quickly before my internet connection drops out again. It was happening all yesterday evening and again this morning so fingers crossed I will get to the end of this post before it happens again!

A few weeks ago I bought some calico fabric with the idea to do something creative with it. I had a go at making some flowers last night and I'm quite pleased with the result. The flower needed a shabby/vintage card to go on so I came up with this;


The papers are from K & Co and I've been stroking them for a while, unable to cut them up! the lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts and I've also attached a couple of skeleton leaves behind my fabric flower. The metal brad is also from K & Co. Here's a close up of the flower. I did spritz it with glimmer mist but its not that clear from the photo:


I'm going to enter my card into these challenges:

Friday Sketchers - sketch

ABC - distressing
Cute Card Thursday - Tweet and a flutter

Have a lovely weekend. It's a fabulous day here so we going to make the most of the sunshine while it lasts.

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil 18 September 2010 at 16:00  

Hi Sharon,
Beautiful papers and colours. fabulous image and gorgeous embellishments.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Stempeltiger 18 September 2010 at 17:13  

Such a beautiful card with sweet details Sharon!
The flower is amazing.
Hugs,
Swantje x

Riet 18 September 2010 at 20:46  

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Fleur 18 September 2010 at 21:24  

Sharon this is goregeous, those flowers are absolute stunning
Hugz Fleur xXx

dolcreations 19 September 2010 at 01:00  

Sharon I feel so badly, I just saw your Clean and Simple card. I don't know how I missed it! I just love it! I am so happy that you had a chance to play with your new stamp set!
I love those fabric flowers, what a great idea! As always you do such beautiful work!

Cardmaking Galore 19 September 2010 at 21:45  

Lovely work and the flower is really cute

Anonymous,  21 September 2010 at 17:35  

Lovely card, the flower is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Kim Dellow 21 September 2010 at 20:49  

Love the flower. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining CCT this week. Kim

Vicky Hayes 23 September 2010 at 20:48  

You are clever - it's a gorgeous flower and I love the way you worked the whole card around it!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP