Clean & Simple

>> Friday 10 September 2010

I finally feel like I've caught up after our holiday. There is a huge pile of ironing still waiting to be done but I can hide that away and pretend its not really there!

Thomas had two of his friends come to play this morning. I never knew that three 2 year olds could create so much mess and make so much noise. The only time they were quiet was when they were eating. It's lovely to see them growing up together and I really hope they will remain friends as they get older.

Onto my card and before our holiday a lovely blogging friend ordered some Papertrey stamps for me. I love this Boards & Beams set and this weeks Clean & Simple sketch was perfect to try them out.


I coloured the house with distress inks (Brushed Cordroy, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood & Scattered Straw). I cut out the image and mounted it using sticky fixers onto some Kraft paper which the lovely Christine sent me. The gingham paper is by Nitwits and the sentiment is also from the Boards & Beams set.

I'm really enjoying these simple layouts. I'd like to build up a stock of cards to sell to my Pilates clients and these designs are perfect.

Have a lovely weekend. We're going to a barbeque tomorrow but the forecast is bad so I think it will be an indoor event! Summer is definitely over.

5 comments:

Lil Daffodil 10 September 2010 at 23:46  

Hi Sharon,
This is a wonderful card. Simple layout but very effective. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Danielle 11 September 2010 at 00:52  

Oh, this is fab Sharon! Love the simplicity and those beautiful punched borders! Just gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

Fiona 11 September 2010 at 10:50  

Hi Sharon,
I'm really in to C & S at the moment and halfway thru making a card for this challenge. Your card is great, love the house image and fab colouring as ever.

Riet 11 September 2010 at 19:39  

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky Hayes 12 September 2010 at 16:50  

This is such an elegant card Sharon. Your beautifully coloured image, the gingham, the Kraft card stock - I love it! Hope you enjoyed your BBQ. We had two fairs this weekend and the sun managed to shine for both of them despite the gloomy forecast!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP