Whiff of Joy Guest DT Call

>> Friday 23 July 2010

This is so typical of me, I was going to enter this card in the Whiff of Joy Guest DT call but I've just noticed that it closed 4 hours ago! Honestly, you'd think I'd have learnt to read things properly by now!! Oh well, here's the card anyway. The theme was 'summer' so I used some Basic Grey Green at Heart papers which I think are very summery.


I've used my favourite Willow image and coloured her with distress inks. The flowers are a mixture of Wild Orchid Craft roses plus I punched some flowers from mesh and jute for a bit of extra texture. The layout I used is this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge.

My work colleague is retiring next week so I think I will give this card to her. We've worked together for 5 years and I'm really going to miss her.





I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I'm not sure what the weather forecast is but we are going to a barbeque on Sunday so fingers crossed it stays dry.

8 comments:

dolcreations 24 July 2010 at 02:15  

Oh Sharon this is such a winner in my eyes! I love the soft purples that you used for the distress inks and the flowers all match so beautifully! As always...a treat to visit your posts!!!
Here it is going to be a hot weekend...we have my sons soccer tournament....have fun at your barbecue!!!!

Carolyn 24 July 2010 at 04:56  

This is just lovely Sharon. I'm sure it will be exactly what they're looking for. Great use of flowers and ribbon. Good luck.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Melanie-Jane 24 July 2010 at 06:52  

Hi Sharon,
Such a beautiful card, sorry you couldn't enter your card to the WOJ Guest DT Call. I like how you coloured Willow. The flowers are beautiful. I'm sure your colleague will love this card.

Have a great week-end and have fun at your barbeque,

Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Kathleen 24 July 2010 at 07:29  

This is gorgeous. Fab colours and papers. I love the edging around the image.

Lil Daffodil 24 July 2010 at 08:44  

Hi Sharon,
This card is totally gorgeous. Beautiful rich papers fantastic embellishments and the image is adorable. What a pity you missed the deadline.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Michele Roos 24 July 2010 at 09:35  

Such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the pretty flowers also. Good luck with the GD call. Hugs Michele x

Riet 24 July 2010 at 20:21  

So gorgeous card Sharon,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky Hayes 25 July 2010 at 19:40  

Such a beautiful card with its rich colours and gorgeous little details. Hope you had a great time today!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP