A Gem of a Challenge #5

>> Thursday 8 July 2010

It's time for our monthly Gem of a Challenge but before I show you my card I need to tell you about a few changes being made to the challenge blog.

From now on our challenges will be a sketch with an optional extra. There will still be a Top 5 as chosen by the DT, plus one lucky winner picked by Random.Org will get to choose 2 Pink Gem stamps as their prize.

Now for this months challenge there is an added bonus too. It's Mandy's birthday this month and she also designed our sketch for this challenge. She is very generously going to give two Pink Gem Stamps as a prize to her favourite card with a Pink Gem image PLUS two Pink Gem Stamps to her favourite entry that hasn't used a Pink Gem image. So it really is worth entering even if you haven't got a Pink Gem stamp (yet!).

Here is my card


Now I love all of Janet's images but this one is definitely in my top 3! She's called 'Snowflake Mimi' although I think she can definitely be used all year round. She is coloured with distress inks and I used a pale grey Tombow pen to create a subtle outline to make her 'pop'. The papers are My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow and I used my Mariannes die for the swirls which are covered with stickles.

I hope you will take part in our challenge this month.

12 comments:

debby4000 8 July 2010 at 10:39  

Such a gorgeous card Sharon, sweet image and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Jennifer 8 July 2010 at 10:42  

beautiful! Love your papers xx Jenny xx

Berry 8 July 2010 at 11:01  

This mimi is lovely Sharon and that colour combo is fab! Hugs Rebekah xx

CraftyC 8 July 2010 at 11:29  

Gorgeous card Sharon, love the swirls
Clairex

Pam 8 July 2010 at 13:02  

Sharon,
I love your sweet card! Mimi is so soft and sweet, and I love the elegance of the muted colors!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Janet 8 July 2010 at 13:37  

Gorgeous creation Sharon! x

Mandy 8 July 2010 at 13:51  

Hi Sharon,
I'm the same as you I love all of Janet's image,but some become favourites don't they...A beautiful card..Love the swirls....
Mandy xx

Riet 8 July 2010 at 16:17  

So gorgeous card Sharon,i love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED 11 July 2010 at 15:42  

Hi Sharon
A beautiful card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Alma 11 July 2010 at 17:55  

Wow, Sharon that´s so a cute image ... i like your colouring and your design soooo much!
Hugs, Alma

Mina 12 July 2010 at 00:17  

stunning card Sharon, I love the colours you used and of course your scrummy papers
Mina xxx

Michele Roos 13 July 2010 at 11:00  

Such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the colours you've used and the pretty details also. Hugs Michele x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP