Friday Sketchers / Just Magnolia

>> Saturday 27 February 2010

The weekend has finally arrived but I think its going to be a soggy one!  We might escape the rain today but the forecast for tomorrow is awful which is typical as my parents are visiting for the day and we like to get out of the house for a walk when the weather is nice.  However, my dad did say he would help lay our new bathroom floor so at least that might get finished!!

jmfs1

My card today is for two of my favourite challenges –Just Magnolia and Friday Sketchers.  This card came together very easily, although I did my usual thing of adding something after most of the pieces had been stuck down!

jmfs3

jmfs2 I’ve coloured this Christmas Tilda with distress inks and added some stardust stickles.  The border stamp is from Ladybug & Friends and my papers are a mixture of Magnolia and Melissa Frances.  I’ve spritzed my Prima and Wild Orchid Craft flowers with pearl Glimmer Mist and added a snipped piece of a Prima ‘Say it with Pearls' swirl.  The sentiment circle is cut with a Quickutz die and the sentiment is from Wild Rose Studio.  The button brads are from Making Memories.  After I’d stuck everything down I decided to add the strip of lace so I had to apply a big dollop of glue under Tilda’s feet to stick her down again!

I hope the sun shines wherever you are this weekend.

14 comments:

Tracy 27 February 2010 at 09:02  

It's snowing this morning where I am, I'd much rather have a bit of dry weather for a change. I love your card, it's so pretty and your papers are gorgeous. Beautiful colouring.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lil Daffodil 27 February 2010 at 10:00  

Hi Sharon,
This card is a wowser. Beautiful detail and colouring and Tilda is so cute. I love it.
Aren't Dads wonderfully handy?
Hugs,
Fiona x

Elaine Stark 27 February 2010 at 11:03  

Beautiful card. I love the subtle colouring, it is so delicate and pretty. Elaine

dolcreations 27 February 2010 at 13:32  

Oh Sharon...this is so soft and beautiful! I love your work with the distress inks! I wish I could have one on one time with you when you use them! Beautiful work!
Have a nice visit with your parents!

CraftyC 27 February 2010 at 16:21  

Its gorgeous Sharon, a very pretty card!
Clairexx

Victoria 27 February 2010 at 20:50  

fabulous card Sharon, your shading is outstanding

Victoria
x

Michele Roos 28 February 2010 at 12:12  

Beautiful card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

cats whiskers 1 March 2010 at 12:10  

I just love this card so cute and fantastic colours and image dear, I have so missed visiting you glad to be back
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous,  1 March 2010 at 19:38  

This is so pretty Sharon, I love the faded purple shades and delicate embellishing..really nice :-) Dulcie x

Stempeltiger 1 March 2010 at 21:37  

Your card is soooo ADORABLE Sharon!
I love the little Tilda with the parcel ... and the colours, the pearls, flowers, papers and buttons are so beautiful.
Lots of hugs, Swantje x

~Denise Lynn~ 2 March 2010 at 17:47  

Just beautiful! Love the soft colors and pretty details. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Magnolia. :)

Danielle 3 March 2010 at 17:08  

Such a beautiful card Sharon! Your colouring work is stunning and the papers and colours are gorgeous! Those flowers are so pretty!
Hugs, Danielle

Stampin'Piper 4 March 2010 at 22:29  

This is so beautiful! I love the soft colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Sheila 4 March 2010 at 22:58  

I just love the colour combo on this is stunning, love the layout too fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us this week on Jm.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP