The First Gem of a Challenge

>> Monday 8 February 2010

I’m so excited to be part of the first Gem of a Challenge.  We will post a new challenge each month and the winner will get to chose 2 Pink Gem stamps of their choice.  There will also be a ‘Top 3’ chosen by the DT.

For our first challenge we have a fab sketch for you:

First gem challenge sketch 

Pink Gem 1

Pink Gem 2I’ve used Snowflake Milly and rather than colour her dress, I’ve paper pieced it.  I stamped the dress three times and then layered each one, gluing them flat at the top and using silicone glue at the bottom to give the image some dimension.  You can see that a bit more clearly in my angled photo.

Pink Gem 3The papers I used are MME Bloom & Grow.  The flourish is a Sizzix die, flowers are punched using EK Success retro punches and the corner decoration is a Cuttlebug die.

I do hope you will join in our very first challenge.

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil 8 February 2010 at 09:42  

Hi Sharon,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the papers and that large swirl is fantastic. I like the way you have layered the figure - she's adorable.
Hugs,
Fiona x

debby4000 8 February 2010 at 13:07  

Oh this is gorgeous and love the papers. Just realised we've used the same girlie, isn't she perfect for paper piecing.
luv
Debby

Janet 8 February 2010 at 13:38  

This is beautiful Sharon......I love the way you have layered her dress......just fab! I am so pleased you are now a permanent member of our DT.....you deserve it Chuck! xx

Christine 8 February 2010 at 13:42  

Hi Sharon wow love this Mimi & you dont have to use as crimbo image stunning colour combo great take on the sketch.

Hugs Christine xx

CraftyC 8 February 2010 at 13:48  

So pretty Sharon, love the paper piecing!
Clairex

dolcreations 8 February 2010 at 15:39  

What an absolutely GORGEOUS image that you have paper pieced beautifully! Beautiful colours!

Riet 8 February 2010 at 15:55  

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous,  8 February 2010 at 17:22  

She's so precious!! I love this Sharon!! HUGS

Chris 8 February 2010 at 18:40  

A beautiful card Sharon and she's gorgeous in her paper pieced dress. Love the colours and your gorgeous design. Chris xx

Pop's Cards 8 February 2010 at 20:29  

Gorgeous love the dress really posh and the swirl is a perfect finoshing touch, hugs Pops x

Lorraine A 10 February 2010 at 21:20  

gorgeous card sharon :-) I love this image ,,, lovely ,,, and the papers and embellies are perfect ! :-)

Luv
lols x x x

Lisa Jane 11 February 2010 at 15:32  

thank you for your kind comment. I love your card . it reminds me of Little House on the Prairie, i think its the lovely colours and floral background paper
Lisa ;)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP