Two cards to share

>> Friday 11 March 2011

I hope you have had a good week. I've been busy with my new business this week. I have finally decided on a name so now its all systems go to build the website and choose my stock. It's very exciting and quite scary at the same time. I've realised that you can do all the necessary research to make sure your plan is viable but at the end of the day there is no guarantee that anybody will buy anything!

I've got two cards to show you today. The first I started at the start of the week but a couple of images went in the bin so it's taken until now to finish it.


Tilda is coloured with aqua pens and distress inks and the papers are NitWits. I had planned to use a fabulous new diecut on this card but it didn't fit with the sketch so I'll save that for another day. I'm going to enter this card into these challenges;

Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Stampacular - Best Wishes

My second card is for the Clean & Simple challenge. I used some chipboard flowers which I covered with some scraps of Papermania paper. I'm really enjoying making this kind of card now. I love colouring images but it takes quite a long time and its nice to try different styles.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. The forecast is for rain on Sunday but hopefully we'll see some sunshine tomorrow. I dried my first load of washing on the line this week - Spring is definitely on the way!

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil 11 March 2011 at 22:56  

Hi Sharon,
These are beautifully crafted. Gorgeous colours and layouts.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Fiona 12 March 2011 at 08:52  

Lovely Sharon, and great colour combo's on both. Got my washing dry outside too this week! May even attempt some gardening later.
Good luck with your business.

Céline 12 March 2011 at 12:39  

gorgeous card, love the combo's and layout
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Gemma 12 March 2011 at 18:27  

Greayt cards, love the first one, really sweet image and the second one is so stylish and elegant Thanks for joining us at our 'you lucky duck'challenge this week at SSC, hope you will join the fun again next week. Hugs Gemma .

Marianne-db 13 March 2011 at 05:46  

Lovely cards! Tilda is so sweet and the second card is so elegant :-)
Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
Hugs, Marianne

Heather 13 March 2011 at 07:25  

Hi Sharon, two fabulous cards, I do love CAS but sadly am useless at it, the patterned chipboard flowers are really stunning!! That Tilda is gorgeous and the NitWit papers are fabulous, such a great colour scheme.

Glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Julie 13 March 2011 at 22:28  

Two great cards, I especially like the pink and brown one.

Vicky Hayes 14 March 2011 at 08:56  

They're both gorgeous in completely different ways! I love the gingham and the ribbon treatment on the first and love the simplicity of the second and those beautiful covered flowers.

Anonymous,  15 March 2011 at 12:11  

Both cards are beautiful! As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP