Clean Simple (& quite quick!)

>> Tuesday 25 January 2011

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog today. Life seems to get busier and busier even though, in theory, I should have a bit more free time now I've given up my office job! We had lots of visitors at the weekend so we had a big roast lunch and then a yummy tea of scones & jam - I even broke my 'no cake' rule and had one.

Do you like my new profile picture? I had some shots done at the weekend for my website so I thought I should replace my badly lit photo with a new black and white one. I definitely think I look better in black & white!! The photographer took some really nice shots of me with Thomas too - I've included one at the bottom of this post.

Onto my card and I really wanted to get in my craft room and play this evening but I also wanted to watch 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' too. So I compromised and made a card using this weeks Clean & Simple layout.


The cute little dog is one of Janet's designs and was a freebie with the Craft Stamper magazine. I coloured him with my aqua pens and cut out his flower and replaced it with a punched one. The sentiment is stamped on a Sizzix die cut and the papers are NitWits.

I'll leave you with a picture of me & Thomas.

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil 25 January 2011 at 23:03  

Hi Sharon,
Gorgeous card. Love the simple layout. Great paper and fantastic punched border. Brilliant image.
Love the b&w photos. My sons are always teasing me because my wedding photos are all b&w (colour wasn't common in those days Lol).
Hugs,
Fiona x

Fiona 25 January 2011 at 23:33  

Love the CAS card Sharon, great colours and image (especially as it was free!)
The photo's are lovely, black and white is so flattering I think, not that you need to worry as you are very photogenic.

Nicki 26 January 2011 at 07:15  

This is really cute Sharon, simple and sweet. Your new pics are lovely too.

Nicki, xx

debby4000 26 January 2011 at 09:21  

Love your cute card Sharon and fab pic of you and Thomas.
luv
Debby

Pami 26 January 2011 at 09:50  

Lovely simple card Sharon and wonderful new photos!! Pami x

Janet 26 January 2011 at 20:33  

Fab card sweetie.......and beautiful photos! You will certainly treasure the one taken with Thomas especially when he is all grown up......it's gorgeous!x

dolcreations 26 January 2011 at 22:02  

Sharon, your a girl after my own heart! I LOVE this card! I am all about simplicity! I love the colour scheme (gingham is my all time favourite)....love the little pooch and the red tag in the center...awesome!
Your black and white pictures are so sweet. Very photogenic! You may have to start adding scrapbooking to your already busy life!LOL

Melanie-Jane 30 January 2011 at 18:29  

Lovely card sharon. I do like those simple cards. And your black and white picture looks great. Little Thomas is so sweet.
I wish you a great week.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Danielle 2 February 2011 at 14:26  

Clean & simple done to perfection Sharon - I love it! That pooch is so cute and I love the gingham flower!! The picture of you & Thomas is just stunning .. what beautiful people you are! I love B&W!
Hugs, Danielle

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP