Truly Scrumptious

>> Wednesday 4 August 2010

It's time for another Truly Scrumptious challenge and this week we are joined by our three new talented DT ladies for the first time - very exciting!

I've designed the sketch for this challenge


And the optional extra is a 'Golden Oldie' theme; use one of your older, neglected stamps.

I needed to make a birthday card for my Manager but I don't have many 'boy' stamps and the ones I do have are quite new so I'm afraid I didn't follow the 'Golden Oldie' theme.


I have to say that the LOTV images are fast becoming favourites of mine. They are fabulous to colour and so adorable. I find it hard to embellish male cards so I added a bit of garden twine and then went with the 'clean lines' feel! All the papers are DCWV Linen Closet andI thought the hAnglar sentiment suited the image perfectly.

I hope you are able to join in our challenge this time.

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil 4 August 2010 at 09:02  

Hi Sharon,
I love your sketch - will defo have a go at this one.
Beautiful papers and a fabulous image all make for a gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Heather 4 August 2010 at 10:24  

LOTV are fast becoming favourites of mine as well Sharon. Love this little chap, mine's not seen ink yet...soon!
Love the Linen closet papers too. I thought what a useful sentiment the hAnglar one is. A fabulous card and a fantastic sketch you gave us to work with.
hugs Heather xx

Fiona 4 August 2010 at 10:46  

Fabulous card Sharon and the sentiment is just right with that image. The colours in the papers are great for a man card. Really like those little boy LOTV stamps too, although I don't often do cute but sometimes it's just what you need.

dolcreations 4 August 2010 at 17:31  

I hear ya...LOTV images are becoming a really big hit here too! I just hope I can colour up mine like yours...how do you do it!!! Beautiful soft strokes I tell ya!!! I love your card Sharon!!!!!

Vicky Hayes 4 August 2010 at 21:30  

This is a favourite image of mine and I love the colours you've used.

Jennifer 5 August 2010 at 01:02  

A really beautiful card Sharon! xx Jenny xx

Mina 5 August 2010 at 01:17  

I love this little laid back fella, hes so gorgeous and the linen closet is one of all time fav paper pads...beautiful card Sharon
Mina xxx

Michele Roos 5 August 2010 at 08:42  

Such an adorable card Sharon. Love the sweet image you've used and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Beth 5 August 2010 at 09:58  

Such a great sketch and theme this week, I loved delving into my old stamps! This card is fab too, the LOTV stamps are adorable! I hope you're having a good week!

Love Beth xx

papertrails leaver 6 August 2010 at 06:05  

it's a great sketch! Definitely would like to create with it. Your card came out so cute!

Julie 6 August 2010 at 10:36  

Great boy card, I like the colours you've used

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP