Friday Sketchers

>> Monday 16 August 2010

It's been a sunny start to the week here in Kent but the forecast is now for 2 weeks of rain! Hopefully there will be a respite on Sunday as we're having a barbeque to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and we really don't have space in the house to accomodate the 10 adults and 9 children who are coming!

We had a lovely weekend. I took Thomas on a steam train ride on Saturday and he absolutely loved it. It was only a 15 minute ride with time for a cup of tea and a chocolate bar at the station before the return journey but it was lovely to ride in an old fashioned carriage with wood interiors and the old slam doors that you have to open from the outside! Yesterday was a more practical day with a trip to Ikea to buy bedroom furniture. I really enjoy puting flat-packed furniture together so I did the whole lot as soon as we got home and now Thomas has some great toy storage with funky green boxes and plenty of shelves for his books.

I started this card last Friday but then our cable service went down so we had no TV or internet for 12 hours!


It's taken me a long time to bring myself to cut into this gorgeous K & Co paper. I didn't want to hide it all so this weeks sketch from Friday Sketchers is perfect. I used a piece of sheer fabric paper behind my image which is just about visible through all the embellishments! The two green flowers I made myself and the others are from Wild Orchid Crafts. It's my sisters birthday in a few weeks time so this will be perfect for her.

Have a good week, I'll have another card on Wednesday for a new Truly Scrumptious challenge.

10 comments:

Unknown 16 August 2010 at 23:42  

Sharon it is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and this is one of my favourite stamps. I'm sure you did the right thing cutting into your lovely papers, your sister will love it!!
Angela x

Patricia Mae 16 August 2010 at 23:49  

Very pretty I love the colors. Your hand made flowers are so pretty. I love hand made flowers. Im sure your sister will love this.
~Patricia

CraftyC 17 August 2010 at 01:45  

Gorgeous card Sharon. The papers are lush and she is beautifully coloured. Well I'm in Kent too, thanks for letting me know about the weather - I think lol!
Clairexx

Melanie-Jane 17 August 2010 at 06:47  

Oh Sharon this is such a beautiful card. The stamp you used is one of my favourit ever and of course I love once more the way you coloured the image. My last card on the blog is done with the exact same stamp. :)
I hope you have fun BBQ on Sunday and the weather will be ok. It has been raining here in Switzerland too and it was pretty cold in the last days. Let's hope somore summerdays will still come.

Have a great day.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Louise 17 August 2010 at 08:01  

Very pretty, love the soft colours you have chose.
Louise xx

debby4000 17 August 2010 at 09:00  

Gorgeous card Sharon, fab colours and adorable image.
luv
debby

Lil Daffodil 17 August 2010 at 09:00  

Hi Sharon,
This paper is gorgeous. I love the colour and the embellishments on this beautiful card. The image is adorable.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Michele Roos 17 August 2010 at 10:29  

Such a gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image you've used and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Riet 17 August 2010 at 18:43  

What a beautiful card Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nancy Thomas 18 August 2010 at 16:04  

Very pretty card - your coloring is beautiful. I'm sure your sister will love and appreciate it.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP