A new Gem of a Challenge

>> Sunday 8 August 2010

It's the 8th of the month which means its time for a new Gem of a Challenge. We have a fabulous sketch for your to follow for this challenge with an optional extra challenge of using some material on your card eg. tulle, silk, satin, lace or ribbon.

This is my take on the sketch:


I'm terrible at remembering the optional extra challenges but thankfully I added some ribbon to this card. I have tweaked the layers on the card slightly to suit my image. This lovely Christmas Teddy is available now from Pink Gem Designs. He is coloured with Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Victorian Velvet, Fired Brick and Pine Needles). The papers are Scribble Scrabble and SEI and I've used a MS punch for the decorative strip and a Sizzix die for the large snowflake.

The Design Team have made some gorgeous samples for you this month, so do visit the blog and see their gorgeous creations.

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil 8 August 2010 at 09:47  

Hi Sharon,
I love the design papers and traditional colours you have used on this gorgeous card. The image is just so sweet. Brilliant work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Janet 8 August 2010 at 16:59  

Another gorgeous DT card Sharon....well done!x

Tracey 8 August 2010 at 19:47  

Fabulous Christmas card Sharon, I love the rich colours & the sparkle :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Chris 8 August 2010 at 20:42  

Such a cute card Sharon and a very sweet little bear! I love your colouring and the papers and design are gorgeous. Hope you're well, Chris xx

Berry 8 August 2010 at 22:39  

Aww Sharon this is such a cutee! I love that cute image and it's a great take on the sketch! Hugs rebekah xx

Jennifer 9 August 2010 at 02:05  

Hi Sharon! Lovely to see what you did with my sketch!xx Jenny xx

Vicky Hayes 10 August 2010 at 15:31  

What a gorgeous Christmas card (must get on with mine...!) I especially like the silver overlay on the large snowflake and the touches of glitter on your beautifully coloured image.

Faye 11 August 2010 at 20:55  

You know, this gorgeous card has just made me smile. It's lovely. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP