A new favourite

>> Friday 11 June 2010

Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. Here's hoping that the weather in the UK improves, although it couldn't be much worse for June!! It's been a trying week in our house. The terrible twos are definitely upon us and Thomas is now capable of throwing a spectacular tantrum at the drop of a hat which is fine when we are at home but not so much fun when we are out. Any tips on how to manage these outbursts will be gratefully received.

I have managed to make two cards tonight - a first for me I think. I completely fell in love with this LOTV image when I first saw it and it is such a dream to colour I had to do one in blue and one in pink.


For my blue card I used the sketch on this weeks LOTV challenge. The papers are DCWV Linen Closet (again) and I've added a charm and flowers which were a birthday present from Angela.

I'm entering this card in quite a few challenges:

Lili of the Valley - Sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Floral Delights
Stampavie & More - Dots
Simon Says Stamp - Recipe
Charisma Cardz - Spots and Stripes
Totally Gorjuss - For the Boys


My pink card is my first ever entry in the Clean & Simple challenge. It was hard not to add the usual embellishments and as you can see I did add a few pearls; I couldn't help myself! The paper is by Paper Salon and the sentiment is from Wild Rose Studio. I'm also going to enter this card in the Stamp Something challenge (Happy Somethings).

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. We're going to a barbeque tomorrow where there will be a bouncy castle and lots of other children so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Thomas will behave himself!!

22 comments:

Mim 12 June 2010 at 00:32  

Such a sweet image - and I like the pearls too!

Danielle 12 June 2010 at 01:31  

This is such a cute image - and your colouring is beautiful Sharon! Love both cards and I think you did a great job on the 'clean & simple' challenge - it's so hard not to add too many embellishments! Have a great weekend and I hope Thomas is good for you!
Hugs, Danielle

Lorraine A 12 June 2010 at 06:20  

gorgeous cards Sharon :-) The image is so very cute and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Riet 12 June 2010 at 11:20  

What a gorgeous cards Sharon,i love your images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky Hayes 12 June 2010 at 13:21  

So sweet! Love the touch of glitter. Have fun at the bbq!

Val 12 June 2010 at 13:42  

Sharon

These are so cute. I was going to use this image - but mt colouring was pooh - so I went for the other one, which I have had for a while.

Enjoy your weekend - and hope to see you at the Craft Barn. I am likely to be around the LB Crafts at around 1230, if you want to meet.

Hugs
Valxx

Kiki 12 June 2010 at 14:53  

Oh wow, gorgeous cards. The images are so cute and your coloring is just perfect.

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

dolcreations 12 June 2010 at 16:06  

Sharon both of these cards are so sweet and perfect! The colours are so soft! I LOVE the simplicity of both! I must tell you I played last night with the distress inks...well I am HOOKED! Thanks for all your help and guidance!
P.S. As for the terrible two's...I find if they have not had enough sleep they get like that OR I find if they are giving you a hard time to just try and distract with them with something else to take there mind off of what they are upset about...before they get out of hand. I really hope this helps a little!

Unknown 12 June 2010 at 18:06  

Oh two adorable cards, what a gorgeous image

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Chelsea 13 June 2010 at 12:11  

Hi Sharon, adorable cards. These images are the cutest little thing! Must be stressful when your son is throwing a tantrum. But kids will be kids, I hope he grows out of it soon. Have a great weekend.

Allison 13 June 2010 at 12:31  

so sweet
Thanks for playing at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Alina 13 June 2010 at 18:04  

They are both lovely, Sharon, this is such a sweet image!
Hugs, Alina

Mina 13 June 2010 at 21:55  

I love this LOTV image too Sharon and I love that you made two cards with the same image ...stunning...my poor Sister is going through the terrible twos with her little girl atm and I still remember it well, my sympathies lol
Mina xxx

Unknown 13 June 2010 at 22:25  

I feel a shopping spree coming on, I have been so good and resisted ordering the new release stamps???

Your cards are so pretty and perfect to welcome a new arrival!!

Hope Thomas is being a good boy!!

Angela x

Dena 14 June 2010 at 04:13  

Your cards are so adorable! I love them both!
I feel for you with the two's, they are soooo trying.
Thanks for joining us at LOTV Challenge!!!
Hugs, Dena

Kat 14 June 2010 at 22:28  

Two gorgeous cards Sharon. I love them both. I love LOTV images they are so sweet. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Daisychain 15 June 2010 at 12:31  

What a gorgeous card, a great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x

debby4000 15 June 2010 at 13:15  

Wonderful, adorable cards Sharon.
Thanks for joining us at Simon says stamps challenge.
luv
Debby

Kimberly 15 June 2010 at 17:56  

Super sweet baby cards!! Love the pearls and the little charm on the blue card. Thanks for the wishes and comments on my blog after seeing my U/S pics. I'm living under a fan, LOL. With the heat index it has felt like 102˚ plus we've had horribly high humidity lately. I'm good as long as I don't go outside for long!!

Michele Roos 16 June 2010 at 10:34  

Such adorable cards Sharon. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Lynne 16 June 2010 at 11:42  

Beautiful cards, I love that image. Don`t worry, the terrible twos don`t last too long. It just feels forever! Lol.
Lynne xxx

Debs 16 June 2010 at 20:49  

such a sweet card..thanks for joining us this week at TG...Debs x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP