Truly Scrumptious – All sewn up

>> Wednesday 20 January 2010

It’s Truly Scrumptious challenge time and this week we have a lovely sketch drawn by DT member Nicole. 

Nicole sketch 1

This card didn’t turn out as I imagined it, in fact it came together though a whole series of errors.  I coloured my Gorjuss girl and then tried to shade behind her using distress inks.   That was my first mistake so I had to cut her out instead.  The papers are by Melissa Frances and are some of my favourites but they are so tricky to match with card – not really lilac but not really blue either.  I’m not sure the Bazzil card I used really works but I’m getting low on cardstock so it was the best I could do.

ts1 

I used Stempelglede stamps to create a border around the centre panel and then edged with distress ink and sparkling embossing powder.  Warning: embossing ink really stings if you’ve got a paper cut on your finger!!  The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals.

The DT have again outdone themselves so please take a look at their cards and I hope you will be able to join in this challenge.

15 comments:

Heather 20 January 2010 at 10:07  

This is gorgeous Sharon, such soft beautiful colours. Stunning embellishments and fantstically coloured GG.
hugs Heather xx

Lil Daffodil 20 January 2010 at 10:47  

Hi Sharon,
If this came together through a series of errors I must start making a mess of things. It's stunning. I love the colours and papers, the lace ribbon is fabulous, the punched borders are great and the cut out image is perfect. The flowers and embellishments are beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

debby4000 20 January 2010 at 13:07  

Gorgeous card, love the colours and all the details finished with a perfect gorjuss girl.
luv
Debby

Jenny 20 January 2010 at 13:24  

Beautiful card Sharon. The papers are gorgeous. I think the card you have used makes it stand out.
Jenny

Nicole Bailey 20 January 2010 at 15:49  

LOVE your card Sharon-your stitching is so perfect and the papers you used are adorable!

Mina 20 January 2010 at 18:04  

stunning card Sharon, the best accident I have ever seen lol...thank you so much for your beautiful card and thoughtful gift...love them your a star
Mina xxx

Mina 20 January 2010 at 18:04  

stunning card Sharon, the best accident I have ever seen lol...thank you so much for your beautiful card and thoughtful gift...love them your a star
Mina xxx

dolcreations 20 January 2010 at 21:22  

Sharon this is stunning! I just love your work! The distress inks are just so pretty how you work them. I really have a new appreciation for those that can work them like you do!

Dawn 20 January 2010 at 21:34  

Hiya Sharon
Your card is so beautiful, love the colour combo and the colouring is gorgeous..
I also use a Tim Holtz distresser, brilliant wee thing!! Couldn't be without it now!! LOl

Hugs
Dawn
x

Sandra 21 January 2010 at 19:52  

Really gorgeous card Sharon. It's girly and pretty. Must get my Gorjuss girls out for a play.
Hugs
Sandra x

Nilla 23 January 2010 at 02:14  

I love how you colored Gorjuss, perfect! Such an adorable card! Hugs Nilla

Simone 23 January 2010 at 08:11  

This is so beautiful! What an amazing job you did on that sketch!
Simone

mueppi 23 January 2010 at 08:17  

Your card is so wonderful Sharon!
I love it!!
Hugs Gisela

Unknown 23 January 2010 at 09:26  

I love this card, the colour is st beautiful ( I never use blue??) the flowers and details are stunning too,
hugs Angela x

Danielle 23 January 2010 at 14:08  

LOVE this card Sharon! The colours and papers are so pretty and you've done a fab job on the layout! Miss Gorjuss is sitting there so beautifully! Love all the lace touches!
Hugs, Danielle

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP