Whiff of Joy Challenge

>> Friday 2 October 2009

Yay, its Friday!  My favourite day of the week as I don’t work and I reserve Friday evenings as my craft time.  The gorgeous weather continues in the South East although its definitely getting colder and I’ve been up into the loft to bring down the winter duvet.  Thomas has had a great week but has turned into an escapologist.  He slipped through a narrow gap in the fence into our neighbours garden yesterday!  Luckily they were in and he ended staying a while to play with their children!

Onto my card and its been a while since I made a really girly, flowery card.  There is a lovely sketch for this weeks WOJ challenge and I cut into these gorgeous Melissa Frances papers which I bought at the Craft Barn last week.

HPIM1706

My image is coloured with distress inks and I made the three vintage paper flowers using the technique in Rach’s tutorial.  Other embellishments are organza ribbon, lace and stick on pearls and the sentiment is from Papermania.

17 comments:

Jane 3 October 2009 at 00:33  

This is so beautiful! gorgeous colours, so soft and pretty and your colouring is wonderful! thanks for joining us this week, hugs, Jane x

dolcreations 3 October 2009 at 01:18  

Sharon this is stunning! I love purples and plaid paper so this card is awesome 100% in my books! I love the colouring in distress inks. I think I am going to look into those. Are they easy to work with? As you make it look so beautiful and easy to do!
Christine

Lisa Foster 3 October 2009 at 04:59  

WOW this is jaw-dropping gorgeous! I LOVE everything about it!
Hugs,
Lisa

PinksyDoodles 3 October 2009 at 08:51  

Sharon this is stunning! Gorgeous papers and a brilliant flower.
Clare x

debby4000 3 October 2009 at 09:18  

Gorgeous card, wonderful colours and such a sweet image.
luv
Debby

Maya 3 October 2009 at 09:21  

Ohhh my,this is gorgeous!!
Love the papers,the colours and the motif is wonderful!!
Hugs from Maya :)

Danielle 3 October 2009 at 15:01  

So very sweet and girly Sharon - I love it! The MF papers are gorgeous and your lace is a perfect touch to the card. Beautiful colouring as always!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous,  3 October 2009 at 15:51  

Hi Sharon!! WOW!! THis is just gorgeous!! LOVE your purple colors!! HUGS

Dawn 3 October 2009 at 18:04  

Gorgeous Sharon and I love the lilac tones - just beautiful!

Have a great weekend

Hugs
Dawn
x

Mina 3 October 2009 at 23:13  

just beautiful Sharon, love your choice of papers and that shade of lilac is lush
Mina xxx

Heather 4 October 2009 at 12:32  

Just beautiful Sharon, one of my favourite WOJ stamps and I just love how you've coloured her. Gorgeous colours and papers - give me lilac before pink anyday.
Your flowers are simply stunning.
hugs Heather xx

Karin 4 October 2009 at 22:36  

Wow this is so beautiful!
Love this colour and your flowers are fantastic!

Hugs Karin

Bev 4 October 2009 at 23:26  

OH my! This is gorgeous Sharon - love the colours and beautiful flowers hun x

cats whiskers 5 October 2009 at 09:10  

What a fabulous colour scheme you have used on here, a stunning card dear I just love that image
Hugs Jacqui x

Keep It Sweet and Simple 5 October 2009 at 21:18  

Such a pretty and delicate card. Those flowers are awesome.
Caroline xxx

SusuK 8 October 2009 at 23:03  

Greetings from Finland! :0)
Your card is very fresh and light.

Rach 9 October 2009 at 17:29  

this is really pretty the colours ar gorgoeus and i love the flower you have used. thank you for joining us at woj.xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP