Truly Scrumptious

>> Wednesday 14 October 2009

Thank you so much for all your get well wishes.  My cold is nearly gone and I’m feeling much better.  However, Dave thinks he has caught it so he went out today and spent £16.00 (yes £16.00) on a pot of honey which is supposedly wonderful for treating colds.  At £16 a pot it certainly needs to be!! 

It’s time for another Truly Scrumptious challenge and this week we have a fab sketch by the talented Mina with the theme of ‘Autumn’. 

HPIM1718

This card came together really easily (for a change!) as I knew exactly what image and papers I wanted to use.   I love this Autumn Milly from Pink Gem Designs.  She is coloured with distress inks and her log has some flowersoft moss along the top.  The papers are BG Indian Summer – these papers are such gorgeous rich colours.  I used a Quickutz die to cut the leaves which I then covered with crackle paint and spritzed with glimmer mist.  I’m really pleased with the effect but the macro setting isn’t good enough on my camera to show a close-up.

HPIM1719

Janet (Pink Gem Designs) has a competition to win six of her stamps and is also looking for a Guest Designer so I’m going to enter this card.

I hope you can join in the Truly Scrumptious challenge this week.

13 comments:

PinksyDoodles 14 October 2009 at 08:23  

Such a cute card Sharon and your colouring is gorgeous.
I thought the £5 I spent on Manuka honey was a lot!
Clare x

Michele Roos 14 October 2009 at 10:31  

Such an adorable card Sharon. Love the cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

debby4000 14 October 2009 at 10:42  

Oh she is adorable and I love the leaves.
luv
Debby

Elaine Stark 14 October 2009 at 12:40  

This is a lovely card. I love the sweet image. Elaine

Danielle 14 October 2009 at 14:03  

This is gorgeous Sharon! I love the colours and paper and Millie is just so cute! Glad to hear you're feeling better! And I hope the honey works for your husband!
Hugs, Danielle

Mina 14 October 2009 at 18:14  

£16 is he mad, I would want it with a new paper pad for that much lol...stunning card Sharon, love the cute image and perfect colours for the challenge too
Mina xxx

CraftyC 14 October 2009 at 21:49  

She's so sweet Sharon, a lovely card!
Clairex

Heather 15 October 2009 at 09:25  

Fabulous Sharon - love the colours you've chosen and those BG papers are gorgeous. The image is adorable and such stunning details.
Glad you're feeling better, sorry DH isn't - give him some garlic soup - garlic is a natural anti-biotic, not only that no-one will go near him so he won't be able to pass it on (lol).
hugs Heather xx

dolcreations 16 October 2009 at 15:45  

Glad to hear you are on the mend!
Your card is so nice. You are so talented at making cards come to life!
Beautiful work,
Christine

Dawn 17 October 2009 at 17:49  

Hiya Sharon
Loved your card - such beautiful colours and love how you coloured her ...

hope you are feeling better

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Simone 17 October 2009 at 19:20  

This card is really fabulous!!! The colours and the paper and these leafs go so well together ... great!
Simone

cats whiskers 18 October 2009 at 10:38  

Morning sweetie this is just so beautiful and cute, I love your colouring of Janets cute image and that paper is just lush dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Linda Brun 20 October 2009 at 20:00  

Love your colouring.

Linda

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP