Indian Summer

>> Thursday 24 September 2009

Good morning everyone. I hope you're enjoying some lovely weather at the moment. We're enjoying a bit of an indian summer in Kent at the moment. The mornings are a bit chilly but some beautiful sunshine and 21 degrees!!

I managed to get to the Craft Barn at the weekend. I had meant to go during their extravaganza weekend but got the dates mixed up so instead I browsed around a very quiet and peaceful shop while the shop manager made customers cups of tea!! I came away with more than I intended to buy (does that sound familiar?) and I've used some of my new stash on this card.


I've used my new yummy BG Indian Summer papers for this card and I think you will see a lot of these papers as they are totally gorgeous. Mimosa (from Bildmalarna) is coloured with distress inks and I sponged the background with Antique Linen. The flower was made following Rach's fab tutorial. I've tried to make one before without a mini stapler but it didn't really work so I bought a Bo Bunny stapler from the Craft Barn and voila, easy peasy! The leaves are a Quickutz die, as is the sentiment tag.

This card is for a number of challenges:

Sketch & Stash: Sketch and my new stash (BG papers)
Stamp with Fun: Autumn
Basic Grey: Embossing
Stamp Something: Favourite - these papers are definitely my new favourites

16 comments:

Nilla 24 September 2009 at 10:27  

What a warm card, lovely colors, she looks so happy even if it's raining! Love it! Hugs Nilla

Michele Roos 24 September 2009 at 10:44  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the cute image you've used and the fab colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Elaine Stark 24 September 2009 at 12:37  

this is lovely, a sweet image and the flower is great. I need to try this. Elaine

Anonymous,  24 September 2009 at 12:59  

Oh wow!! This is just adorable!! Love the colors and your fabulous flower!! HUGS

Cathy 24 September 2009 at 13:30  

Such a gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Erin... 24 September 2009 at 14:13  

so pretty! your image is colored beautifully! thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp Something!

Chrissie 24 September 2009 at 15:25  

Fabby card Sharon, love that sweet little girl and your papers and colours look gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

CraftyC 24 September 2009 at 18:35  

Beautiful card Sharon, I received these papers today!!
Clairex

Lil Daffodil 24 September 2009 at 19:55  

Hi Sharon,
What a sweet card. I love the colours and the way you have done that really bonny image. what abeautiful smile she has.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Chris 24 September 2009 at 22:41  

Hiya Sharon! Glad you got to the CB in the end :D and I'm not surprised you came away with one or two things ROFL, it's impossible to leave there without lots of gorgeous stuff and if you try a big buzzer goes off over the door and someone makes you another cup of tea :D. Love the Indian Summer papers, haven't got those.............yet! Gorgeous colouring on your image and your flower looks amazing, I must have a go. Take care and speak soon. Chris xx

Rach 24 September 2009 at 22:47  

a beautiful card, love the warm colours that you have used.... well done with the flower... it is easy when the stapler is a mini... hugs rachxx

debby4000 25 September 2009 at 07:52  

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful papers and sweet image.
Oh you must try and go to the Craft Barn if they have another extravanganza it was brilliant.
luv
Debby

Kari 25 September 2009 at 10:14  

This is a wonderful card!Lovely warm colours and the image is so cute!Great colouring!
Have a lovely weekend:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Kim Dellow 25 September 2009 at 22:14  

Sounds very familiar :) gorgeous card, love that paper to bits. Thanks so much for the lovely congrats comment on my blog. Kim

Jill 26 September 2009 at 18:33  

aww Sharon your card is gorgeous I love the cute image thanks so much for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Becky 27 September 2009 at 20:34  

What a beautiful Autumnal card Sharon, those papers are so lush!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP