Yippee!

>> Friday 15 May 2009

Yay, my computer is fixed!  It needed a new keyboard and cost £230 (gulp) but I’m now connected with the outside world again.  Life has been hectic over the last two weeks.  I had a lovely weekend away with my Mum in Brugge where we enjoyed sightseeing in beautiful sunshine and ate some fantastic food.  Then I had three days working in London so I feel like I’ve spent the last two days trying to catch up with myself.

I did manage to fit in some card making though and this is my second Bildmalarna DT card.  I’ve coloured the adorable Mimosa with distress inks and then used Tombow pens to give her some shadow and grass to sit on.  I added some faux stitching around the DP panels and the tiny flower embellishments were found at the bottom of a drawer but the colours work perfectly with this card.  The corner swirl is a Cuttlebug die.

Bildmalarna DT card

My second card is for this weeks Just Magnolia challenge.  I had coloured Tilda with this paper in mind.  I’m not too keen on the colour on the reverse side of the paper (FancyPants) so I picked out the pink and green and used this colours to mat my paper onto.  I used a purple glitter pen to add faux stitching and tied a mini bouquet as a final touch.

 

Just Magnolia

17 comments:

Nilla 15 May 2009 at 23:42  

Welcome back to blogland! Beautiful cards! hugs Nilla

Mina 15 May 2009 at 23:58  

great to see you back Sharon and of course your poorly computer too lol...fantastic cards...love the soft colours and your Magnolia is perfectly coloured...thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week xxx

Michele Roos 16 May 2009 at 08:25  

Welcome back Sharon. Two gorgeous cards. Love the images and the beautiful colouring. Love the papers also. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

PinksyDoodles 16 May 2009 at 08:32  

Good to see you back. Glad you've fitted in a nice trip to Brugge. Darned computers - they eat into our craft budgets far to much!
I love your cards - your colouring always stands out - they are so pretty.
Have a good weekend.
Clare x

Riet 16 May 2009 at 09:26  

Ohh wowww Chris,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Liza 16 May 2009 at 09:46  

Fabulous creations Sharon, I just love both cards and your colouring is fabulous.

Liza x

debby4000 16 May 2009 at 12:19  

So glad you're back even though it cost a lot of craft money, just don't think how many stamps you could've of brought.
Back to the cards they're fabulous especially love the Tilda one.
luv
Debby

mueppi 16 May 2009 at 14:52  

Great to see you bach, Sharon!!!!!!!
I love both cards!
The images are so sweet and your colouring so pretty!!!!
Hugs Gisela

SannaS 16 May 2009 at 18:11  

Beautiful cards!! Especially I love the one made for Just Magnolia.
Hugs, SannaS

Deb 16 May 2009 at 19:06  

fantastic cards Sharon, so glad you got your computer fixed, we don;t do well without it do we?
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend! Debx

Bev 17 May 2009 at 00:37  

Fabulous card Sharon, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Anonymous,  17 May 2009 at 18:59  

Oh wow!! Such darling creations!! I adore you images and the layout are wonderful!! ;)

jenny 18 May 2009 at 11:20  

Two beautiful cards, I love the colours on the Tilda card, gorgeous x

Jenny x

Dawn Wheeler 18 May 2009 at 14:25  

Fabulous cards babe xxx
i still need to send you them things please can you re send your addy as when my computer died i lost all saved e-mails
hugs Dawnxxx
Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

Naoual 18 May 2009 at 14:53  

Hi Sharon, I love the cards you made, they are both just beautiful!!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Sue 18 May 2009 at 20:05  

Hi Sharon two gorgeous cards hun, welcome back pain in butt without comp eh, sue.x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP