Papertake Weekly meets Basic Grey

>> Tuesday 19 May 2009

What a hectic weekend.  We had friends over for dinner on Saturday night (my Jamie Oliver fish pie was a success) and on Sunday I was lucky enough to go to Wimbledon where they were celebrating the opening of centre court with its new roof.  We had an amazing day; Katherine Jenkins performed and we got to see Andre Agassi, Steffi Graff, Tim Henman and Kim Clijsters.  As a huge tennis fan it was fantastic to see these players again.

On to my card.  I’ve combined two challenges for this card.  Dawny has drawn a lovely sketch for Papertake Weekly and on the BG blog there’s a picture of a yummy ice cream to use for inspiration.

I had to use the BG Bittersweet papers for this card as they remind me of raspberry ripple ice cream.  I’ve coloured Mimosa with distress inks and tombow pens and added a bit of doodling.  I made the flower from four scalloped circles cut with my nesties.  I was trying to make the flower from Jami’s tutorial (see my side bar) but hers is far superior!  I took a deep breath and finally snipped a few pieces of my Prima Say it in Crystals; I have to stop saving things and allow myself to actually use them!!

Papertake

11 comments:

Tiets 20 May 2009 at 06:28  

just gorgeous your card! and lucky you to go to the court and be with the opening!!

June Houck 20 May 2009 at 11:36  

This is precious! Good luck with the challenge :)

Danielle 20 May 2009 at 12:57  

This is gorgeous Sharon - just love those papers and your image is so sweet! Lucky you with your tennis day at Wimbledon yesterday - I'm a huge tennis fan too so turned a definite colour of green when I read that, lol!!!
Hugs, Danielle

Mina 20 May 2009 at 20:27  

beautiful card Sharon...I love those BG papers too they are lush and the image is really cute...love it xxx

Anonymous,  20 May 2009 at 21:00  

So very sweet!! Adorable card! Good luck with the challenge!! ;)

debby4000 21 May 2009 at 11:50  

Oh what an adorable card, such a sweet image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Kaz 21 May 2009 at 12:20  

Lovely papers and that image is so cute! Fab card.
xx

Nilla 22 May 2009 at 05:55  

Don't you just love Mimosa! Beautiful card! hugs Nilla

Chris 22 May 2009 at 11:16  

Gorgeous card Sharon, I love your choice of icecream flavour for BG, gorgeous image and colouring too. Sounds like you had a lovely day at the tennis. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Chris.

Cardmaking Galore 22 May 2009 at 23:50  

This is just stunning - I love the colours you used

Jilli 23 May 2009 at 07:55  

Gorgeous card, love the image, your colouring is fab and those papers are to die for. Great flower too! Jillix

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP