Truly Scrumptious Challenge #8

>> Wednesday 27 May 2009

We are up to Challenge No.8 over on the Truly Scrumptious challenge blog. This week we are challenging you to make a card with more than one fold. There's no sketch to follow as there are so many different possibilities with this challenge. There are two prizes on offer this week; Christine (Sketching Stamper) is offering 6 digital images and we are looking for our first Guest Designer. Both winners will be chosen using Random.Org.

TS joy fold

For this challenge I have made a Joy Fold card. There is a great tutorial on the Splitcoast Stampers website, however, I did change the size of the card to suit my image and the poem inside. This card is for my Dad's birthday which is coming up next month. I find mens cards so hard especially when it comes to embellishments. After playing around with lots of different ideas I decided on some paper beads as I think they look a bit like the floaty thing on the end of Mimo's fishing rod! I usually use smooth watercolour paper for my images but, for a change, I've used a coarser one for this card and added some doodling as a border. The sentiment is raised on sticky fixers so you can tuck in the corner of the opening panel to keep the card closed. I found the poem on the internet.

I hope you can join in our challenge. The Truly Scrumptious challenges are every two weeks so you have plenty of time.


Stamp: Mimo Fishing from Bildmalarna
Colouring medium: Distress inks and tombow pen for shadow
Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments: Handmade paper beads,Quickutz photo corners, brad, ribbon, beads & fish charms from stash
Tools: Quickutz squeeze & circle nesties

21 comments:

Lena Katrine 27 May 2009 at 07:36  

Awsome card, Sharon! Beautiful papers, and I love how the card opens!

Have a nice day! Hugs, Lena

Daisy Chain 27 May 2009 at 09:02  

A great card Sharon. Love the image, and what a good idea putting a poem inside.

Love the colours, and those paper beads are fab...might give them a try myself.

Hugs Debbie xx

debby4000 27 May 2009 at 09:58  

Oh this is gorgeous, brilliant shaped card and such a cute image.
luv
Debby

Riet 27 May 2009 at 10:06  

Wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours. So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers 27 May 2009 at 11:34  

Love this card fabulopuis fold Sweetie and what great colours and fab image
Hugs Jacqui x

Beth 27 May 2009 at 13:31  

This is so cute! I love how you've added the poem inside!
Beth xx

Danielle 27 May 2009 at 13:58  

I LOVE this card Sharon - I have to try this! Beautiful image and just fabulous papers! Love those paper beads too - perfect on this card!
Hugs, Danielle

Danita 27 May 2009 at 14:01  

Sharon, I LOVE this card!!! That image is adorable!!! And those papers are YUMMY!!! I really need to find some of those Cosmo Cricket papers. Awesome job with this challenge!!!!

Danita

dolcreations 27 May 2009 at 14:10  

Sharon I have an award waiting for you on my blog!
Christine

Anonymous,  27 May 2009 at 14:50  

Holy cow!! This is adorable!! I just adore your sweet colored image, but the flip style creation is so clever!! Beautiful card!! TFS! :)

Ruth 27 May 2009 at 16:10  

This is beautiful,the colours,image,everything! Ruth x

Sue 27 May 2009 at 19:11  

wow Sharon what an awesome card luv the opening, gorgeous image luv the charm, sorry for lack of comments hope back to normal soon, sue.x

Kathy 28 May 2009 at 09:32  

What a lovely card. I love the colours and the image you've used

Heather 28 May 2009 at 09:55  

This is absolutely fabulous Sharon. You must be the only person I know to alter the card to fit the sentiment, most of us do it the other way around (lol).
Love this design (why do they call it a Joy fold?) and the papers and colours are stunning as are the paper bead - a brilliant idea for the male card.
hugs Heather xx

Nilla 28 May 2009 at 11:28  

Stunning card! Love all about it! Hugs Nilla

Michele Roos 28 May 2009 at 12:23  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the cute image and the beautiful soft colouring. Hugs Michele x

Mina 29 May 2009 at 20:34  

wow Sharon stunning card, I love it and your beads are fantastic xxx

Tab 29 May 2009 at 23:11  

Wow fab card, love how it opens, just brillant! Love the image too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Simone 6 June 2009 at 21:19  

What a wonderful card!!! So gorgeous, Sharon!
Simone

Nicole Bailey 10 June 2009 at 15:07  

Oh Sharon your card is so beautiful...love the fold design and those papers are so very pretty.

Anonymous,  10 June 2009 at 15:53  

Love this!!! anything fishing goes over well in this house....You're coloring is fabulous!
Pam Going Postal

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP