Playing catch up

>> Monday 26 January 2009

Thomas and I had a lovely weekend away. He enjoyed spending lots of time with his nanny and being spoilt rotten and I enjoyed my visit to the Stitch and Creative Crafts show. I was a little bit disappointed that there weren't more stamps on sale and no-one was selling bazzil cardstock! But I got some lovely papers, buttons & beads etc so I came home happy. But now I'm playing catch up at home, trying to cook some meals for Thomas for the freezer and get back on top of the washing (I was only away for 2 days!)



Last night was a late one trying to get this card finished. I've used the sketch from this weeks Friday Sketchers challenge and followed the Basic Grey challenge recipe. The card is DL size but with an extra flap. The papers are BG Eva. I tore the main panel and then inked the edges with Amethyst and Burgandy versacolor. Tilda is coloured with Prisma pencils - I've been practising so much with my distress inks I think I've forgotten how to use these! The ribbon is from a BG fibres pack and I made the bow from this lovely wire ribbon I bought at the weekend - can't wait to play a bit more with this stuff, its great! The flowers are Prima and the button, spacer and brads are from my stash.

12 comments:

Michele Roos 26 January 2009 at 15:23  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Yummy papers also. Glad you had a nice weekend away. Michele x

Nicole Bailey 26 January 2009 at 15:58  

What a fabulous card! Love the papers and your coloring is amazing!
TFS>

Ali Watson 26 January 2009 at 16:15  

Pretty colours and a super idea Sharon.

angeljakki 26 January 2009 at 16:28  

What a lovely card and the colours work so well together x x x

Andrea 26 January 2009 at 18:47  

Gorgeous card! Love the papers and colours

Dawn Wheeler 26 January 2009 at 21:25  

Wow fabulous card ,stunning colouring and layout ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx

LOUISE 27 January 2009 at 07:24  

Fab card Sharon, love the colour combination. LOuise x

Tine 27 January 2009 at 16:30  

Love the colours on your card, and the card itself is amazingly pretty.

cats whiskers 27 January 2009 at 19:06  

Oh this is juststunning dear the lovely image coloured so beautifully and the papers and the inside are just perfect
big hugs
Jacqui x

Bev 27 January 2009 at 21:46  

Wow, what a gorgeous card - love the colours and papers and such fab details
hugs Bev x

Heather 28 January 2009 at 10:09  

Absolutely stunning card Sharon, it is so pretty - love the Eva papers and your embellishments are perfect.
Thanks for playing with us at BG this week.
hugs Heather xx

Lorraine A 31 January 2009 at 08:01  

oh this is just gorgeous !!!!
Lorraine

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP