Basic Grey Challenge

>> Sunday 4 January 2009



There is a great sketch on the Basic Grey Challenge blog this week. This is another 'thank-you' card but without a sentiment on the card! I was going to put it on the bottom right hand corner but couldn't decide whether it looked better with it or without so I left it off! I've coloured the very sweet Amelia (designed by Chris Dark) with distress inks and watercolour pencils and I used glitter pens for the bows in her hair and her flower.

The paper is all BG Urban Prairie. The horizontal strips are pleated to add a bit of dimension. I scored each one at 2cm, 3cm, 5cm & 6cm and then folded to create the pleats. The ribbon is then threaded through one of the pleats. I als paper pierced around the edge of the card but it doesn't really show on the picture.

Because it is a thank-you card I've left plenty of space to write on the inside. I've used a Cuttlebug corner flourish again - its my favourite embellishment at the moment!

15 comments:

Chris 4 January 2009 at 23:39  

Hi Sharon and WOW such an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the paper pleating you've done which gives great dimension and looks brilliant. Wonderful colouring of Amelia, she looks very pretty in pink LOL! Hope you had a good weekend and your new year is going well so far. Chris x

Powerful Search Engine 5 January 2009 at 07:39  

Love the papers and you have coloured in the image so well. Pascale :)

Michele Roos 5 January 2009 at 08:49  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the pleating you did on the paper,looks great. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

Gillian 5 January 2009 at 09:09  

Lovely card Sharon, I do love that image and the colours you have chosen, I especially like the little pleated features to the right. Anyway I would like to wish you a very creative, healthy and happy new year.

Gill x

craft mad Jenny 5 January 2009 at 12:05  

oh wow - such a gorgeous card,

yes, I'd put a greeting in the bottom left hs, but it's still gorgeous without it!

Sue 5 January 2009 at 17:11  

beautiful card, luv the image & the colours you have used, sue.x

Bev 5 January 2009 at 18:48  

Sharon this is gorgeous sweetie - I think that image is my favourite of all the Kadoodle stamps and you have coloured her to perfection

hugs Bev x

Kim Dellow 6 January 2009 at 12:53  

Oh that is a lovely. Love the image. Kim

cats whiskers 6 January 2009 at 14:22  

This is one cute c ard hun, just adore it love the colours and the image
Hugs Jacqui x

Ellibelle 6 January 2009 at 19:12  

This is beautiful. Love the sketch! Beautiful inside too!

Allison 6 January 2009 at 22:06  

lovely card and what a great image
AllisonX

Heather 7 January 2009 at 14:39  

Superb card Sharon and wonderful pleating work. Love the papers and colours you've used and the cute image is beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us.
hugs Heather xx

Tara Godfrey 7 January 2009 at 16:00  

Oh sooo pretty, Sharon! I love Amelia...you coloured her so beautifully!! She looks so sweet on the swing…makes me think back to the summer and going to the park with my daughter. I love your paper choice too the colours are so summery and I could use a little summer in my life right about now...more snow here in the great white north, blah!!!!
Thanks for bringing a little sunshine to my day!
Hugs, t

Anonymous,  9 January 2009 at 23:14  

Amelia is gorgeous! I love your card. The colors are great too!

Barbara1940 10 January 2009 at 18:58  

WOW, Love the card, love the pleated paper and especially love Amelia. Is that stamp available in the US? I would love to buy one - she looks like my granddaughter!! You do great work!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP