Happy New Year!

>> Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2009 is a happy & healthy one for you and your loved ones. We saw in the New Year with a lovely meal (courtesy of M&S) 1/2 bottle of Cava and a good film and managed to stay awake just long enough to hear Big Ben strike 12 and watch the fireworks.

I've been online and booked my ticket for the Stitch and Creative Craft Show in Esher later this month. My mum has offered to look after Thomas so I can have a whole day of crafty workshops and shopping - bliss!



This card is for this weeks OCC challenge which is to use something clear. I was browsing through some old magazines and saw a tutorial for acetate cards so thought I would have a go. I used white Staz-On to stamp the Inkadinkadoo swirls onto the acetate and used a peel off pen to colour the sticky gems to highlight some of the dots. The Penny Black duckling has been coloured with Prismas (feet & beak) and watercolour pencils (flowers). I've added a bit of shadow to his body but this isn't very clear on the photo. (Photographing acetate with artificial light is HARD - please excuse the glare spots!).

I decorated the inside front of the card with a circle of Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper to cover the back of the image.



The green dotty paper is from Lasting Impressions and I added a scalloped circle with a small Prisma flower for the message.



Whimsy Stamps are looking for a guest designer (more info here) so I'm going to enter this card.

2 comments:

Tara Godfrey 3 January 2009 at 16:04  

WOW! fabulous card, Sharon! I haven't made an acetate card but you've inspired me to try it! Now, I just need to get some acetate, smile!!! Gorgeous colours and paper and such a sweet image!!!
Happy New year,hun!!! (oh, your new years eve sounded just wonderful...wow!!! Staying up to hear Big Ben strike midnight how fabulous is that!!!!)
Hugs,t

Lynsey 3 January 2009 at 21:27  

Happy New Year Sharon! Your card is stunning! I love your stamping on acetate it looks fantastic!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP